Author Topic: Beyond Meat rolls out steak at Kroger, Walmart  (Read 880 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Beyond Meat rolls out steak at Kroger, Walmart
« on: October 24, 2022, 09:32:12 pm »
October 24, 2022 3:55pm EDT
Beyond Meat rolls out steak at Kroger, Walmart
The new product will launch at over 5,000 Walmart and Kroger stores

By Aislinn Murphy FOXBusiness

Beyond Meat announced Monday it is debuting a plant-based version of steak tips at Kroger and Walmart.

In a press release, the plant-based food company said customers will be able to buy the Beyond Steak at over 5,000 Kroger and Walmart locations across the country. The new product, made with faba bean protein and wheat gluten, aims to "deliver the juicy, tender and delicious bite of seared steak tips," offering 21 grams of protein per serving and 0 mg of cholesterol, according to Beyond Meat.

The new plant-based steak option adds to Beyond Meats’ existing line of products already sold at retailers, including its Beyond Burger, Beyond Beef and Beyond Chicken Tenders. The Beyond Steak will also be available at certain divisions of Albertsons and Ahold Delhaize and other grocery chains, the company said.

"Beyond Steak is a highly-anticipated expansion of our popular beef platform and we’re proud to introduce this innovative product to consumers nationwide," Chief Innovation Officer Dariush Ajami said in a statement.

Beyond Meat previously made a foray into steak when it announced in September it was working with Taco Bell to temporarily test a plant-based carne asada steak option in the Dayton, Ohio, area.

https://twitter.com/BeyondMeat/status/1584533941398052865

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/beyond-meat-rolls-out-steak-kroger-walmart
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Beyond Meat rolls out steak at Kroger, Walmart
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2022, 09:37:52 pm »
You can't fix stupid people.  But you can promote them in woke companies.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2022, 09:43:22 pm »
Walmart and Kroger? Really? These are the people the rich elite Leftists call Mega Maga Deplorables.
Why not roll it out in Whole Foods in California? That's where the freaks who want to eat this shit live.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2022, 09:59:07 pm »
Nah, I'll pass ... "beyond" meat sounds too classy for me.  I'll stick to just "regular" meat thank you.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2022, 10:36:00 pm »
Nah, I'll pass ... "beyond" meat sounds too classy for me.  I'll stick to just "regular" meat thank you.

I think I'll do the same!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2022, 10:44:35 pm »

Let's see, take bean and wheat protein and make meat out of it.

-or-

Feed it to animals and let them do it much more efficiently (and only for finishing off, they mostly eat grass during the life cycle), without all the machinery or power consumption, and with a higher quality protein as an end product.

Living here in the heart of farm country, all I can do laugh at the scam.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2022, 10:52:31 pm »
You know what has "the juicy, tender and delicious bite of seared steak"? Actual beef. It's amazing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2022, 11:23:33 pm »
Apparently the company hasn't tanked enough so they're doubling down with beyond crap steaks. Nobody was buying their crap burgers after having tasted it once so now they going to push bean steaks, heavily processed with all sorts of additives.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 01:07:01 am »
I've tried their burgers and sausage and it was not bad
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 04:11:04 am »
Let's see, take bean and wheat protein and make meat out of it.

-or-

Feed it to animals and let them do it much more efficiently (and only for finishing off, they mostly eat grass during the life cycle), without all the machinery or power consumption, and with a higher quality protein as an end product.

Living here in the heart of farm country, all I can do laugh at the scam.
Exactly. Cattle take grass and convert it to meat.

Therefore, meat is plant-based food.

Besides, if this fava bean and gluten stuff is so good, why do they keep trying to make it like real meat?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2022, 04:18:03 am »
Exactly. Cattle take grass and convert it to meat.
But Wait... er...

Butt wait.... There's MORE...  They also convert grass to poop... which gives you more grass.

Try and do that one in the lab...
AND they convert grass into MORE COWS
Which is alright because you already have more grass....

Stupid science.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2022, 04:21:34 am »
But Wait... er...

Butt wait.... There's MORE...  They also convert grass to poop... which gives you more grass.

Try and do that one in the lab...
AND they convert grass into MORE COWS
Which is alright because you already have more grass....

Stupid science.
That merde ain't science, it's part of their religion. That stuff comes out of a chemical plant...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2022, 09:12:32 am »
Vegan 'chicken wing' with a wooden bone.
Now why would vegans want a fake bone? ... really
Are they that desperate for meat?

Post image
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.