Author Topic: Wood Theft Skyrocketing As Germans Try To Keep Warm. Firewood Tracked By GPS  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Wood Theft Skyrocketing As Germans Try To Keep Warm. Firewood Tracked By GPS
By P Gosselin on 19. October 2022

Share this...
German Chancellor Olaf Scholz apparently has had enough of his coalition partner Green Party’s sabotage of the country’s electric power supply and so on Monday he decided that the three remaining nuclear power plants should keep running through the winter – against the wishes of the radical Greens, who also hate nuclear power.

Wood theft in Germany is on the rise as heating fuel prices skyrocket. Symbol photo by P. Gosselin

These three remaining plants were scheduled to be taken offline for good at the end of this year, but Scholz ordered them to stay in operation until April, 2023.

A legal basis will be established and “allow the operation of the nuclear power plants Isar 2, Neckarwestheim 2 and Emsland to continue until April 15, 2023,” Scholz said in a statement. The three plants have the capacity to reliably and cleanly power millions of households and so will be a crucial step in helping Germany avoid a blackout. Without them, Germany would be forced to generate power with natural gas, a fuel that is, however, in short supply due to the disrupted Nordstream pipeline from Russia.

Although the threat of a winter power blackout has diminished somewhat, thanks to Scholz’s announcement, natural gas prices for heating still remain excruciatingly high and this is making alternatives like firewood more attractive. Gas heating bills have become so high that the demand for firewood has risen accordingly and thus has also become extremely expensive.

https://notrickszone.com/2022/10/19/wood-theft-skyrocketing-as-germans-try-to-keep-warm-firewood-tracked-by-gps/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson