Author Topic: Volkswagen solves glue protests by supporting them — no lights, no heating, no attention  (Read 818 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Volkswagen solves glue protests by supporting them — no lights, no heating, no attention
By Jo Nova

The new glue trend in protests may suddenly be over. Just like that.

As Twitchy and RedState report:  Nine new protestors called “Scientist-Rebellion”  turned up to the Volkswagon factory and glued themselves to the floor saying they were “on hunger strike until our demands to decarbonize the German transport sector are met.”. The normal response is to call the police and get the glue protestors arrested which gives them the attention they so desire. Instead, Volkswagon immediately decarbonized the factory — turned everything off including the heating and left the protestors there to figure out the scientific logistics of eating, drinking, and going to the toilet while glued to a cold floor.

The list of demands from glue-geniuses is “big”
These people want to run the world but couldn’t plan their own lives 24 hours in advance:

Getting ready for first night of sleep inside the Porsche Pavillion @Autostadt to demand @VW to eventually act to decarbonise the transport sector.

These are our demands to the Volkswagen CEO, adapted from our general demands. (1)  support introduction of speed limits on German motorways; (2) condone bonds held by @VW from Global South; (3) declare infeasibility of 1.5 goal.

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/10/volkswagon-solves-glue-protests-by-supporting-them-no-lights-no-heating-no-attention/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Shit happens. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Oh I wouldn't stop there...
The Republic is lost.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Oh I wouldn't stop there...
There could be so much fun, like letting a bunch of rats loose or playing eerie sounds from different areas in the factory or very very loud bad music. Oh the fun to be had!

Offline Kamaji

There could be so much fun, like letting a bunch of rats loose or playing eerie sounds from different areas in the factory or very very loud bad music. Oh the fun to be had!

:thumbsup:

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Most people probably don't remember an entertainer who called himself Tiny Tim.  Continuous looping of his song, Tiptoe Through the Tulips, would be enough to make a pledge to quit protesting in exchange for stopping the "music." :0001:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Most people probably don't remember an entertainer who called himself Tiny Tim.  Continuous looping of his song, Tiptoe Through the Tulips, would be enough to make a pledge to quit protesting in exchange for stopping the "music." :0001:
That might would do it.. or other piped in earworms like "It's a Small World After All"..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That might would do it.. or other piped in earworms like "It's a Small World After All"..

Damn You!   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I remember Tiny Tim, but I never once considered him an entertainer, freak yes entertainer no. But you are correct that is exactly the type of 'music' these protesters deserve.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 04:24:01 pm by GtHawk »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Damn You!
:tongue2: :silly:

Could use "Sugar, sugar" by the Archies, too...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 04:31:57 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis