Author Topic: Hochul, Adams plan to boost cops, surveillance in NYC subways to fight skyrocketing crime  (Read 621 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Hochul, Adams plan to boost cops, surveillance in NYC subways to fight skyrocketing crime
By Valentina Jaramillo and
Rich Calder   
October 22, 2022 3:21pm

Gov. Hochul and Mayor Adams said Saturday they will flood the city’s crime-ravaged  subway system with more cops and ramp up the installation of additional surveillance cameras.

Their “Cops, Cameras, Care” initiative — announced Saturday  at Grand Central Terminal just over two weeks before Hochul tries to retain her seat on Election Day – includes the state-run MTA Police Department and the NYPD joining forces to add 1,200 extra overtime shifts daily to watch over the subway system.

This, they said, would translate into about 10,000 extra hours of cops patrolling subways and that New Yorkers would soon see officers covering subway platforms on extended tours daily in at least 300 stations during peak hours.

“I will continue to use the resources of the State of New York to bring this violence to an end,” said Hochul, who failed to provide any cost estimates or say when much of the plan would be rolled out.

Instead, she said the state would help the city “defray” overtime costs through its public emergency safety fund “in the short term” and then look for dedicated sources to pay for the extra police presence moving ahead.

Hochul and Adams also said they’d be creating new 25-bed inpatient units at two psychiatric centers to help get seriously mentally ill people who are homeless out of the subway system and to shelter. The first will launch Nov. 1 at Manhattan Psychiatric Center.

MTA police, NYPD cops and other first responders will also receive training on how best to transport the mentally ill from subways to psychiatric care, they said.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/10/22/kathy-hochul-eric-adams-plan-to-add-over-1k-cops-to-nyc-subways/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published October 22, 2022 2:10pm EDT
NYC mayor, reacting to subway crime, suggests not wearing headphones
Mayor Eric Adams says subway arrests have increased

By Julia Musto | Fox News

New York City Mayor Eric Adams suggested Friday that subway riders not wear headphones or focus on their phones during rides due to crime.

In a wide-ranging interview with FOX 5's "Good Day New York," the Democratic leader opened with crime, saying that there had been a 47% increase in subway arrests.

Adams said the city's government is working to ensure that residents feel safe in the Big Apple.

"I rode the subway yesterday, and it's the same thing. I haven't put my AirPods in for over a year because I feel like I need to be very much aware," said anchor Bianca Peters. "That's a quality-of-life issue."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-mayor-reacting-subway-crime-suggests-not-wearing-headphones
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So they say they are going to boost cops on the subways....with what cops? Has the bleed stopped? Are there as many new hires as there were resignations or are they just going to pull officers from other areas and leave those residents at higher risk? Of course they won't pull them from the well off. It's interesting that these didn't care or do squat until things looked bad for the election.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Their “Cops, Cameras, Care”

How about trying , "Arrest. Convict, Incarcerate."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

How about trying , "Arrest. Convict, Incarcerate."

I remember big Mick cops with billy clubs.
You didn't mess with them. And nobody messed with their neighborhood...
Consequences were immediate and dreadful, and seldom involved a judge.
Jussayin.