Author Topic: Summers: We’re Going to Have to Replace Oil Released from SPR, Which Will Raise Prices  (Read 551 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Summers: We’re Going to Have to Replace Oil Released from SPR, Which Will Raise Prices

Ian Hanchett 22 Oct 2022

During an interview aired on Friday’s edition of Bloomberg’s “Wall Street Week,” Harvard Professor, economist, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton Larry Summers stated that while he agrees with the initial release from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve done by the Biden administration, he isn’t clear that further releases will work, partially because whatever oil gets released is “going to have to get back in at some point. And that’s going to have the opposite impact on oil prices.”

Summers said, “I think the initial SPRO release was a powerful thing that, over the last months, has done a lot to contain oil prices. And I think the Biden administration was exactly right to do it strongly, do it for a long time, do it in coordination with others. I think it’s much less clear how much scope there is for that policy to work further, going forward. In part, that’s because, many of the constraints are on the refining side. In part, that’s because it’s a little bit like QE for the Fed, whatever you put out there, you’re going to have to get back in at some point. And that’s going to have the opposite impact on oil prices. So, I think you’ve got to be careful about that instrument from here. And I think that we’ve all got to be very apprehensive about the degree of confrontation that now exists between the United States and what might be called the Russian/Saudi axis. This is going to be a very complex time, and I hope that we get through it while avoiding oil price spikes. My guess is that that’s going to happen, but I think that’s a major downside wild card from here, both with respect to inflation and with respect to recession.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/22/summers-were-going-to-have-to-replace-oil-released-from-spr-which-will-raise-prices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Biden:  Sell low, buy high.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Biden:  Sell low, buy high.

On another thread, I eyeballed , and with my experience I am guessing that Pedo Joe's poor timing of the oil commodity market is going to coast the U.S. Taxpayer about a half trillion dollars.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

What makes anyone think biden is going to replace it???
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 05:30:06 pm by catfish1957 »

Online DefiantMassRINO

They'll refill the SPR with used Fry-O-Lator vegetable oil.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 05:37:57 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
What makes anyone think biden is going to replace it???

With a 100,000 lithium batteries?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.