Author Topic: Only 5 Asylum Seekers Live In Adams' Tent City: Report  (Read 163 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Only 5 Asylum Seekers Live In Adams' Tent City: Report
« on: October 21, 2022, 03:44:11 pm »
Only 5 Asylum Seekers Live In Adams' Tent City: Report

A Randall's Island facility meant to house 500 migrants was at just 1 percent capacity in its first days, according to a new report.

Matt Troutman,
Patch Staff
Verified Patch Staff Badge
Posted Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 11:13 am ET

NEW YORK CITY — Mayor Eric Adams' massive migrant tent city is a giant ghost town, according to a new report.

Just five asylum seekers were living in the controversial Randall's Island facility two days after the site meant to house 500 people opened, the New York Post reported.

The site was only at 1 percent capacity.

Mayor's officials didn't return Patch's request for comment as of publication.

Adams has argued that the temporary facility is necessary to deal with a 20,000-strong — and counting — surge of migrants coming to the city, in part on orders from Republican governors intent on making a political point about the situation on the U.S. border.

https://patch.com/new-york/new-york-city/only-5-asylum-seekers-live-adams-tent-city-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson