Author Topic: Leaked ICE doc shows 'Alternatives to Detention' program has 'little value' but 'significant expense  (Read 188 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS Published April 27, 2022 11:55am EDT

Leaked ICE doc shows 'Alternatives to Detention' program has 'little value' but 'significant expense'

The program reports it is able to monitor about 5% of the illegal immigrants in the US who are not in ICE custody
Adam Shaw By Adam Shaw | Fox News

Biden faces growing revolt by Democrats on border policies
National Border Patrol Council President Brandon Judd told ‘The Faulkner Focus’ the Biden administration has no plan to stop the border influx, saying he ‘lives this nightmare every day.’

EXCLUSIVE: A draft Trump-era report by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) concluded that the "Alternatives to Detention" program, which has seen a significant increase in enrollments in recent years and whose population has since more than doubled under the Biden administration, has "little value," is of "significant expense" and saw the vast majority of illegal immigrants enrolled in the program for their entire immigration proceedings eventually abscond.

The 2020 draft report to Congress on the Intensive Supervision Appearance Program (ISAP), obtained by Fox News via a source within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), is a scathing assessment of the program which has expanded significantly since its formation in 2004 by Congress, and continues to be used today.

In FY 2015, there were approximately 48,000 enrollments in the program, that rose sharply to 179,552 in FY 2019. According to current ICE data, there are currently over 216,000 active participants in the program as of April 2022, that's up from an average daily population of approximately 90,000 in FY 20. According to the Transactional Records Access Clearinghouse at Syracuse University, there were about 86,000 active participants in January 2021.

ICE recently said in a court filing that its numbers may triple in the months ahead as it faces what it calls a "historic" border surge.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/alternatives-detention-program-enrolled-illegal-immigrants-abscond
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson