Author Topic: Clyburn on the Midterms: ‘Fools’ Would Trade Voting Rights for Cheaper Gas  (Read 297 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn on the Midterms: ‘Fools’ Would Trade Voting Rights for Cheaper Gas

Pam Key 20 Oct 2022

House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) said Thursday on MSNBC’s “José Díaz-Balart Reports” that he believes it would be foolish for Americans to vote based on inflation concerns rather than “voting rights.”

Díaz-Balart asked, “Congressman, what do you say to people who say Washington can talk about all these big programs and everything else, but I’m worried about the cost of food? I’m seeing the cost of eggs shoot up, chicken, gasoline, you know, coming now with the winter heating. These are all concerns that hit very directly to people.”

Clyburn said, “Well, let me make it very clear, all of us are concerned about these rising costs. All of us knew this would be the case when we put in place this recovery program. Any time you put more money into the economy, prices tend to rise. We do know that price gouging takes place, and that’s what we’re concerned about in Georgia.”

He continued, “I don’t know if anybody who will say I would rather pay $10 or even 10 cents, or even 20 cents less per gallon and allow you to take my rights away, my voting rights away, and these other things that we know the other party is doing to suppress votes. That’s a fool’s choice that we will not make.”

Clyburn added, “I came out of a household that had difficulty with voting rights. If you can take away my voting rights, just give me ten cents a gallon less to pay for gas, and you can have my voting rights. No people are voting on more than whether or not you run up the cost of gasoline.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/20/clyburn-on-the-midterms-fools-would-trade-voting-rights-for-cheaper-gas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

What, voting rights for illegals, extra voting rights for DNC operatives?  That sort of voting "rights"?  Because those are the only voting "rights" the democrat party is trying to protect.  They have absolutely no interest in protecting the legitimate votes of those who are entitled to vote.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Dems are writing the GOP campaign ads right now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline cato potatoe

When you consider what he means by "voting rights" his statement does make sense. 

Offline goatprairie

Idiots like Clyburn have been yammering about "voting rights" and "voter suppression" for a number of decades now. Especially since the use of ID cards was introduced a while ago.
Any attempts by the GOP to actually try to stop voter fraud is called "voter suppression" i.e. racism by the usual suspects.  Even though around 75% of black Americans in some polls support voter IDs.
It's all a pile of nonsense.....Dems have run out of real instances of racism to deter black voters. You have to go back more than half a century. But that won't stop Dems from claiming voter suppression.