Author Topic: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives  (Read 5156 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2022, 01:33:00 pm »
No skin off my nose. :shrug:

I think one of the central points of Davidson's theisis is those who believe in conservative principles deserve leadership willing to put skin in the game.   After all, this expectation is part of the conservative inheritance ---

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2022, 01:38:14 pm »
I think one of the central points of Davidson's theisis is those who believe in conservative principles deserve leadership willing to put skin in the game.   After all, this expectation is part of the conservative inheritance ---

@Right_in_Virginia

Then they better find another party. Because their so-called own are their biggest enemy.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2022, 01:38:36 pm »
“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”

― Ayn Rand ―
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2022, 01:40:35 pm »
JOHN DANIEL DAVIDSON:
I am a Conservative because I believe that Adam Smith capitalism is moral and just.

Word.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2022, 01:52:57 pm »
Then they better find another party. Because their so-called own are their biggest enemy.

@Right_in_Virginia

And foremost among them, by the way, are those who treat Conservatism as a label to be changed or hyphenated to suit their own purposes, wrapping themselves in the Conservative mantle as if they deserve it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2022, 01:53:00 pm »
Actual Conservatives have only very nominally been in power once in twenty years in the form of the TEA party.

The left and their complicit MSM success  in gaslighting a "racism" moniker on the TEA Party is an event that we STILL need to administer retribution on our enemies on the left.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2022, 01:54:06 pm »
Gauntlet thrown: House GOP's conservative wing warns status quo not an option in next Congress

House Freedom Caucus drafts memo to future new lawmakers urging them to hold out for radical change in the way the House operates because Congress "is worse than you thought."

In a pointed message to leaders and lawmakers alike, the conservative wing of House Republicans is circulating a draft guide to new lawmakers urging them to hold out for radical change in the way Congress operates if the GOP wins control in the midterm elections.

"Republicans ran to fix Washington," reads the memo from the House Freedom Caucus obtained by Just the News. "We cannot continue to govern in the same way that broke it."...

Excerpt; Rest at headline link

FWIW
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2022, 01:54:32 pm »
The left and their complicit MSM success  in gaslighting a "racism" moniker on the TEA Party is an event that we STILL need to administer retribution on our enemies on the left.

Look first to the moderate wing of the Republican party.

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2022, 02:03:48 pm »
Look first to the moderate wing of the Republican party.

Davidson's not talking about moderates  -- he's speaking to the specific failures and ineptitude of the conservative movement.  Diverting attention from his thesis does not minimize the validity of what he says.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2022, 02:06:45 pm »
You don’t hear this kinda infighting among progressives. Mostly you just hear chanting in unison.  :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2022, 02:10:25 pm »
Davidson's not talking about moderates  -- he's speaking to the specific failures and ineptitude of the conservative movement.  Diverting attention from his thesis does not minimize the validity of what he says.

@Right_in_Virginia

WRONG. How many bright new Conservatives has MurderTurdle yanked the monetary carpet out from under? And Trent the crier before him?

There is no Conservative leadership because the Republican leadership politically kills them. Nothing will change until the moderates are removed from the levers of power -which they have held nearly all along.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2022, 02:13:09 pm »
You don’t hear this kinda infighting among progressives. Mostly you just hear chanting in unison.  :whistle:

You got that right.  That's why we need to deep 6 both McC's.  Till then, and some true conservative wagon circling, we'll flail and languish in pepretuity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2022, 02:13:22 pm »

Great. Chant the Conservative principles and you'll be getting somewhere.
But that's not really what Republicans want. They want their big government just as much as the democrats do... And they do not want to be beholden to principles that limit them. They just pay lip service.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2022, 02:17:00 pm »
Great. Chant the Conservative principles and you'll be getting somewhere.
But that's not really what Republicans want. They want their big government just as much as the democrats do... And they do not want to be beholden to principles that limit them. They just pay lip service.

Turdle is one of the biggest reasons Cruz has been made out a senate pariah.

Turdle MUST GO....   Period.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2022, 02:19:53 pm »

Absolutely - Though not merely to be replaced by another.

You want commitment from Conservatives? Then follow Goldwater/Reagan and give it the power to be effective.

OTHERWISE IT'S JUST MORE WASTED TIME.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2022, 02:25:25 pm »

@catfish1957

Cruz isn't a senate pariah,he is a surrender monkey who talks a good game,but is going nowhere.

Damn shame because I think he is probably the smartest Senator out of the whole damn bunch.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2022, 02:30:09 pm »
Conservatism is not a label. That's the point.

Would those be the same "conservatives" that refused to vote to repeal obamacare 'cause it did not "balance the budget" and left us with the mess we have...

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2022, 02:36:03 pm »
@catfish1957

Cruz isn't a senate pariah,he is a surrender monkey who talks a good game,but is going nowhere.

Damn shame because I think he is probably the smartest Senator out of the whole damn bunch.

IMO, it's because he's taken his nose off the bark and seeing that the Hispanic emigration has changed Texas...and the entire nation, FOREVER!

Ergo, you cannot continue to parrot 'Conservativism' and expect an adversarial media to cover it fairly.

@roamer_1   Nobody is disputing your purity of heart. 

Like Palin saw Russia...I can see your virtue-signaling from here!   happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2022, 02:37:05 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

WRONG. How many bright new Conservatives has MurderTurdle yanked the monetary carpet out from under? And Trent the crier before him?

There is no Conservative leadership because the Republican leadership politically kills them. Nothing will change until the moderates are removed from the levers of power -which they have held nearly all along.

Stop passing the buck.  The conservative movement has had 42 years to gain political dominance and squandered the opportunity with the relentless and inexplicabe strategy of "preaching and waiting". 

Nothing will change until the crop of legacy conservatives are replaced with the new breed of fighters.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2022, 02:48:57 pm »
Would those be the same "conservatives" that refused to vote to repeal obamacare 'cause it did not "balance the budget" and left us with the mess we have...

No, the mess we have is because the 'budget' is not balanced, and has not been balanced for most of my life. How much power would be in washington if its budget was 1/10th of what it is now? Would there be Obummercare? NOPE.

and 1/10th is still too much.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2022, 02:57:02 pm »

The TEA Party did not die at the hands of the Democrat MSM.  It was murdered by GOP daggers thrust into its back.

If only the GOP was willing to fight against Democrats with the same fervor it uses fighting against Conservatives.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2022, 02:59:24 pm »
@catfish1957

Seems everyone who doesn't wear Zellinski knee pads is a surrender monkey.  Gas lit at TBR......  ouch

Online Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2022, 02:59:52 pm »
No, the mess we have is because the 'budget' is not balanced, and has not been balanced for most of my life. How much power would be in washington if its budget was 1/10th of what it is now? Would there be Obummercare? NOPE.

↑     ↑     ↑     ↑
        T     H     I     S

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2022, 03:00:03 pm »
@roamer_1   Nobody is disputing your purity of heart. 

Like Palin saw Russia...I can see your virtue-signaling from here!   happy77

@DCPatriot

Ahh... So anyone who BELIEVES the stuff you are supposed to be standing for is virtue signaling... Couldn't be that my philosophical bend governs my life, could it?

Look. What political Conservatism is *FOR* is to ensure a government that allows actual Conservatives to practice their actual philosophy in what they call LIBERTY.

The promise of that in modernity IS Goldwater-Reagan, and nothing else. THAT was the promise made. And THAT is the promise that must be kept. Otherwise, y'all are of no use to me at all.

Because my liberty will soon be endangered (is being endangered even now) without those things - ALL of them.

And thus, the coalition of Conservatives may as well go elsewhere - and most of them have.

Your reasoning may well be nothing but the politics, and thus everything is a label to be worn any way you choose... But mine is a philosophy rooted in natural law that is proven to be true against aeons.

Anyone who ignores that valuable knowledge knows neither history nor human nature... And is doomed to repeat the past.

The absurdity is that you want me to help you do it.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2022, 03:04:11 pm »
Stop passing the buck.  The conservative movement has had 42 years to gain political dominance and squandered the opportunity with the relentless and inexplicabe strategy of "preaching and waiting". 

Nothing will change until the crop of legacy conservatives are replaced with the new breed of fighters.

LOL! Like I said... **** around and find out. Y'all haven't fought for shit. and won less.
Because populism is not Conservatism and never will be.