Author Topic: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives  (Read 5169 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2022, 02:10:01 am »
  So, If it comes down to these two Fagots in 2024, you'll just sit it out, I assume? @sneakypete

@corbe

I would vote for neither.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2022, 02:12:26 am »
   They turned the microphones off on the Convention Floor and said the Printers were broken so they couldn't distribute copies of all the rule changes they just made in 'Secret Committee', just like these people (same) did to Reagan in '76.

@corbe

Ifn ah waz da spicious tipe,ahd have to spect dey wuz sumptin funny goin on in dat place at dat time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2022, 02:15:57 am »
@corbe

I would vote for neither.

I see progress @sneakypete
   Refusing to vote for the lessor evil means, under no circumstances will you vote for any evil.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2022, 02:20:06 am »
Nah... you were in AK for a while weren't you @libertybele ? or was it Colorado? All the same thing... Though I will hand it to Alaska... Same thing, but bigger and better.  :beer:

Yes, I lived in AK for a few years.  I only visited Colorado, but IMO Colorado is more beautiful, though AK is a much more vast area.  Regardless, I do miss the mountains. There's just no way to get them out of your system.

Honestly, after this hurricane I'm ready to head out of here. Enough is enough.  The rest of the family though wants to stay ... for now.  We shall see.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2022, 02:21:01 am »
   I see progress @sneakypete
   Refusing to vote for the lessor evil means, under no circumstances will you vote for any evil.

Also contrary to the #AlwaysTrump dogma where not voting for anyone is prohibited.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

Re: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives (Updated)
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2022, 03:18:12 pm »
The Performative Outrage Of ‘Conservatives’ Is Further Evidence Of Their Failure

BY: JOHN DANIEL DAVIDSON
OCTOBER 27, 2022

Unable to cope with the failure of the conservative movement, its erstwhile champions resort to calling their critics fascist.

The performative outrage from professional conservatives over my column last week, which argued that the conservative movement has largely failed and we should stop calling ourselves conservatives, was as revealing as it was predictable.

Bill Kristol called me a fascist. John Podhoretz said I’m a power-hungry fanatic. David French warned I was fabricating an existential threat to the American idea. Matt Lewis, perhaps the most candid of the lot, was just happy that “far-right extremists” like me will no longer besmirch the good name of conservatism, which he’d like to keep for himself.

There are two things happening here. The first is a reflexive defensiveness from a class of establishment media pundits who have, as Iowahawk explained back in 2015, worn the “conservative” label like a skinsuit for decades. To claim, as I did, that the conservative project has failed feels to them like an indictment, which it is.

The failures of conservatism stretch back more than a half-century, but over the past two decades in particular the left has made spectacular gains on nearly every front while issues that ordinary conservatives care about — immigration, traditional marriage, the ability to support a family in a decent community — have been more or less ignored by a conservative commentariat that whiled away the time on National Review cruises, agitated for endless wars abroad, and cracked jokes for octogenarian donors. It’s nice work if you can get it, but it didn’t conserve much.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/27/the-performative-outrage-of-conservatives-is-further-evidence-of-their-failure/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2022, 01:51:15 am »
Pedro L. Gonzalez
@emeriticus

This is the way every single person on the right needs to be talking and thinking

Allie Beth Stuckey
@conservmillen

A student at an event tonight asked me if I think conservatives should be content with building competing companies & institutions with our values. I said no. I want to build our own and then take theirs. I want us to take over & dominate every single thing the left has ruined.

11:12 PM · Nov 1, 2022  ·Twitter for iPhone