Author Topic: Green Energy Fail: New England Facing Rolling Blackouts this Winter  (Read 310 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green Energy Fail: New England Facing Rolling Blackouts this Winter
13 hours ago Eric Worrall 55 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Dr. Willie Soon; SURPRISE – Cold place which repeatedly rejects new gas pipeline proposals is running short of gas.

New England faces rolling BLACKOUTS this winter with bills set to soar amid fight for natural gas imports with Europe – despite US being one of world’s biggest producers

Severe cold spells in the Northeast could reduce the amount of gas available, as more of it is burned to heat homes

America is now competing with European countries for shipments of liquefied gas because of Russia’s decision to halt pipeline gas to the continent

New England does not import American LNG, because of the Jones Act, with the majority of the gas delivered coming from Trinidad and Tobago

ISO New England Inc have warned that an extreme cold snap could result in the need for rolling blackouts to keep supply and demand in balance

By EMMA JAMES FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 02:01 AEDT, 19 October 2022 | UPDATED: 03:57 AEDT, 19 October 2022

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/19/green-energy-fail-new-england-facing-rolling-blackouts-this-winter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Green Energy Fail: New England Facing Rolling Blackouts this Winter
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 10:20:01 pm »
There's plenty of frac'ed gas in north/central Pennsylvania.

But you can't get enough of it to New England because New York State is "in the way", and NY won't allow any new pipelines to be constructed.

If Mr. Trump resumes office in 2025, there must be some way that he can FORCE NY state to accept pipeline construction. Through eminent domain, emergency orders, or by whatever means necessary.

Perhaps it's time for our own version of the "Nordstream pipeline" -- running under the Atlantic from around Cape May area northeast to Connecticut, bypassing New Jersey and Long Island. Or through NJ if that state will cooperate, but again, bypassing NY.

Or perhaps go northward from the Erie area, under lake Erie, up into Canada, under lake Ontario if necessary, and then down through Vermont (which might resist) or New Hampshire.

New thinking is in order here.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Green Energy Fail: New England Facing Rolling Blackouts this Winter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 11:15:23 pm »
There's plenty of frac'ed gas in north/central Pennsylvania.

But you can't get enough of it to New England because New York State is "in the way", and NY won't allow any new pipelines to be constructed.

If Mr. Trump resumes office in 2025, there must be some way that he can FORCE NY state to accept pipeline construction. Through eminent domain, emergency orders, or by whatever means necessary.

Perhaps it's time for our own version of the "Nordstream pipeline" -- running under the Atlantic from around Cape May area northeast to Connecticut, bypassing New Jersey and Long Island. Or through NJ if that state will cooperate, but again, bypassing NY.

Or perhaps go northward from the Erie area, under lake Erie, up into Canada, under lake Ontario if necessary, and then down through Vermont (which might resist) or New Hampshire.

New thinking is in order here.
Precisely.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis