Author Topic: ‘Are you in need of volunteers?’: Records reveal how Martha’s Vineyard rallied to support migrants f  (Read 265 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 ‘Are you in need of volunteers?’: Records reveal how Martha’s Vineyard rallied to support migrants

Martha's Vineyard police were inundated with emails offering help.
Maya Wray Tech Posted on Oct 19, 2022

Emails obtained by the Daily Dot showed an incredible outpouring of support from local residents after the Sept. 14 arrival of 48 Venezuelan migrants to the island of Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.

Formerly staying in a shelter in San Antonio, Texas, the migrants were transported to Martha’s Vineyard on private flights with promises of shelter, work, and financial assistance falsely made by a woman now identified as ex-military counterintelligence officer Perla Huerta. The two flights were organized by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), part of a larger move by Republican governors to put pressure on President Joe Biden’s immigration policies.

DeSantis defended the move in a Sept. 15 speech, stating that “Florida is not a sanctuary state.”

“All those people in D.C. and New York were beating their chests when Trump was president, saying they were so proud to be sanctuary jurisdictions, saying how bad it was to have a secure border. The minute even a small fraction of what those border towns deal with every day is brought to their front door, they all of a sudden go berserk. And they’re so upset that this is happening. And it just shows you their virtue signaling is a fraud.”

According to records obtained by the Daily Dot, the “liberal” residents of Martha’s Vineyard did just what the right-wing thought they wouldn’t.

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/marthas-vineyard-migrants-public-support-documents/
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 05:25:04 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If the residents supported it, why are commiecrats trying to get DeSantis arrested? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson