Author Topic: “There’s no such thing as a zero emissions vehicle”  (Read 219 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“There’s no such thing as a zero emissions vehicle”
« on: October 19, 2022, 12:38:27 pm »
“There’s no such thing as a zero emissions vehicle”

“With an EV, you don’t eliminate emissions, you just export them.

You have to dig up about 500,000 lbs of material to make a single  1000lb battery

It takes 100 to 300 barrels of oil to manufacture a battery that can hold one barrel of oil equivalent.

Demand for those minerals (Lithium, Cobalt, Nickel) will increase between 400 and 4000%.

There’s not enough mining in the world to make enough batteries for all those people.”

https://joannenova.com.au/2022/10/theres-no-such-thing-as-a-zero-emissions-vehicle/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=theres-no-such-thing-as-a-zero-emissions-vehicle
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online The_Reader_David

Re: “There’s no such thing as a zero emissions vehicle”
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 01:11:13 pm »
Quite.  The notion is an urbanite delusion (more so than a Leftist delusion per se):  no tailpipe emissions in your city suffices to count as a "zero emissions vehicle".  Not a bad concept if you're in the LA basin or NYC where smog is a problem, but stupid as a concept for national policy.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.