Author Topic: ‘Would You Want Morgan Freeman To Die In Prison’: Fetterman Invokes Film When Asked If Murderers Des  (Read 907 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
OMG

‘Would You Want Morgan Freeman To Die In Prison’: Fetterman Invokes Film When Asked If Murderers Deserve Clemency

Harold Hutchison
Reporter
October 18, 2022 6:55 PM ET

Democratic Lt. Gov. John Fetterman of Pennsylvania invoked a classic film in an interview published Tuesday to defend giving murderers clemency as he faces attacks over his record on crime..

“It’s really a very simple choice. I believe the perfect metaphor is ‘The Shawshank Redemption,’” Fetterman, who is running for the Senate seat being vacated by retiring Republican Sen. Pat Toomey, told Semafor’s Dave Weigel in an interview. “That’s a touchstone that virtually everybody has seen, everybody understands. I’ve asked people, ‘Would you want Morgan Freeman to die in prison or not?’ And I’ve never met anybody that says, ‘Yeah, he should die in prison. I would have voted to have him die in prison.’”

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1582364119038308355

As head of Pennsylvania’s board of pardons, Fetterman recommended freeing convicted murderers on multiple occasions. Fetterman also appeared to endorse reducing the state’s prison population by one-third in 2020 in two posts on Twitter.

Dr. Mehmet Oz, the Republican nominee vying for Toomey’s seat, has criticized Fetterman’s record on crime during the campaign, including calling for Fetterman to fire two people whose sentences were commuted from his campaign.

“I understood, at the beginning of becoming the board of pardons chair, that this was going to be weaponized. You’re talking less than one percent of individuals that are condemned to die in prison,” Fetterman said. “And they come in front of five people, the same as in ‘Shawshank.’ They’re usually elderly. They’re most likely be black. And they are deeply remorseful for what they were involved in, or what they did directly; and they’ve done 40 years or more, maybe sometimes more than 50 years.”

A Daily Wire/Trafalgar poll conducted Oct. 8-11 showed Fetterman with a roughly 2% lead over Oz. An Emerson College/Hill poll also showed Fetterman with a 2% lead, with 39% of Pennsylvania voters considering the economy the top issue.

Washington Free Beacon reporter Chuck Ross noted that the source material for the movie, Stephen King’s novella “Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption,” provided details about why ‘Red’ was in prison.

“In the Stephen King book, Red cut the brake line on his wife’s car for insurance money,” Ross posted on Twitter.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/18/john-fetterman-morgan-freeman-shawshank/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Does He realize this is a movie....can he not separate reality from fiction?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

No different than thinking Morgan Freeman was dead in this tribute to Nelson Mandela:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Never saw the movie, Fetterlump, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Of course, neither do you.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Same thing with 'Handmaid's Tale'. Democrats use this novel as if it is a true life documentary about Christian life and culture. Democrats have a difficult time distinguishing fact from fantasy. Remember, these are the people who claim men can get pregnant. They call Republicans 'science deniers', when Democrats are clearly simple 'reality deniers'.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When your entire platform is predicated on lies and fabrications, it is no surprise that the line between fact and fiction is just one more blur, if seen at all.

If anything, the tendency is to reject fact and live in a fantasy world.

I would not object to them doing that so much, but please, lefties, do not attempt to impose your delusions on my reality, especially with the force of law, lest my reality unpleasantly prove its existence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

technically, it should be a moot point, because anyone who murders that is convicted with ironclad evidence and no extenuating circumstance should have been shot in the head decades ago... Like the day that conviction came down.

And I say that with three of my old friends convicted of murder - one out now, and the other two still doing time, as best as I know.

Offline goatprairie

technically, it should be a moot point, because anyone who murders that is convicted with ironclad evidence and no extenuating circumstance should have been shot in the head decades ago... Like the day that conviction came down.

And I say that with three of my old friends convicted of murder - one out now, and the other two still doing time, as best as I know.
Rope can be reused.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Rope can be reused.
:pondering: 3/4" Hemp rope is about $1.50 a foot, not counting all the costs added in government procurement and the liberals would like demand a new rope for every execution. I think five rifle rounds just may be the way to go.

Offline roamer_1

Rope can be reused.

Bullets are cheap.  :shrug:
And I don't need the torture and theatrics of hanging - though it will do.

Just put the sombich down. Like a mad dog. Same thing to me. He lost his right to suck air. Git er done.

Offline roamer_1

Kinda the other way around:

Sent this to the listening thread a couple days ago...

Can't get it out of my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsMB0i5YTOc

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
‘Would You Want Morgan Freeman To Die In Prison’: Fetterman Invokes Film When Asked If Murderers Deserve Clemency

I don't care about Mr. Freeman.

But murderers dying (presumably from old age) in prison?

No, I don't want that, either.

I want them EXECUTED, promptly, while they are still young !

Online rustynail

Would Fetterman be able to save Old Yeller?

Offline goatprairie

:pondering: 3/4" Hemp rope is about $1.50 a foot, not counting all the costs added in government procurement and the liberals would like demand a new rope for every execution. I think five rifle rounds just may be the way to go.
I’m not going to argue.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Somebody needs to explain to him that  Morgan Freeman was just playing a role in a movie.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

I get the feeling that retard thinks it was a documentary.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Never saw the movie, Fetterlump, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

Of course, neither do you.

@mountaineer

One of the best movies I have ever seen.

Freeman plays the role of a convicted murderer sentenced to death.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:33:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If Morgan Freeman murdered Grover, fry his @$$ in Ol' Sparky.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline cato potatoe

So if you cut the brakes on your wife’s car to collect a sizable insurance policy, thereby killing her and two neighbors, Fatterman wants to let you out of prison.  Good information.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 04:55:02 pm by cato potatoe »