Author Topic: White House Pressured El Paso Mayor Not to Declare State of Emergency over Illegal Immigration  (Read 226 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
White House Pressured El Paso Mayor Not to Declare State of Emergency over Illegal Immigration

By ARI BLAFF
October 18, 2022 10:02 AM
President Biden pressured Democratic El Paso mayor Oscar Leeser to avoid declaring a state of emergency over the influx of illegal immigrants arriving daily, despite several members of the local city council urging otherwise, the New York Post reports.

One councilwoman, Claudia Rodriguez, told the Post that Leeser “told me the White House asked him not to” declare a state of emergency for fear it would make Biden look bad. These sentiments were echoed by fellow Representative Veronica Escobar (D., Texas). during a September 27 council meeting.

“The White House has asked, at this point, for us not to do that and they’ll continue to work with us and continue to give us … money through [the] Federal Emergency Management Agency,” Leeser said during the meeting.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/white-house-pressured-el-paso-mayor-not-to-declare-state-of-emergency-over-illegal-immigration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Did the White House give El Paso money to not declare a state of emergency?

If I was an elected official in El Paso, I'd say "that non state of emergency" isn't free, capice?

If El Paso officials did not extort money from the White House to not declare an emergency, the voters need to recall them.

quid pro quo, baby, cash upfront

« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 03:57:45 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.