Author Topic: Virginia has about a quarter of a million illegal immigrants, five sanctuary localities  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Virginia has about a quarter of a million illegal immigrants, five sanctuary localities

More than a quarter of a million people in Virginia immigrated to the country illegally, according to estimates, and five localities do not fully work with federal law enforcement regarding deportations.

By The Center Square Staff
By Tyler Arnold | The Center Square
Updated: October 17, 2022 - 11:40pm

More than a quarter of a million people in Virginia immigrated to the country illegally, according to estimates, and five localities do not fully work with federal law enforcement regarding deportations.

Although the government does not have data on the exact number of immigrants who came to the country illegally, estimates for the Virginia population are usually somewhere between 250,000 and 275,000. Some proponents of stricter immigration control have warned the failure to enforce immigration laws has become a burden on local economies and has made communities less safe.

Most people in Virginia who have immigrated illegally came from south of the United States border, according to the Migration Policy Institute. About 62% came from Mexico or Central America, about 10% came from South America and another 1% came from the Caribbean, which encompasses nearly three-quarters. About 19% of people who immigrated illegally came from Asia, 5% came from Africa and just 3% came from Canada, Europe or Oceania.

https://justthenews.com/nation/states/center-square/virginia-has-about-250000-illegal-immigrants-five-sanctuary-localities
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson