Author Topic: Candace Owens Says 'Straight White Males' Are Now Treated Like Black  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Candace Owens Says 'Straight White Males' Are Now Treated Like Black Americans During Segregation
Aria Bell - Yesterday 2:56 PM

Author and TV correspondent Candace Owens recently said “straight white males” are now being treated the same as Black people during the degrading segregation era in America.

Owens is known for controversial remarks she makes as a Republican correspondent, whether she’s on the job or off. According to Mediaite, the media host was a recent speaker at Turning Point USA‘s latest college event at Michigan State University. The non-profit organization was founded by Trump supporter Charlie Kirk, and its mission is “to build the most organized, active and powerful conservative grassroots activist network on high school and college campuses across the country.”

During the event Twitter user Jason Campbell, a senior researcher at Media Matters, tweeted a video of Owens on stage sharing her viewpoint on what she sees as the modern-day reality of “straight white males.”

In the clip, the 33-year-old said, “If we have ever achieved an equality in this country, then you wouldn’t blink if anybody says ‘Asian Lives Matter’; no one blinks. ‘Black Lives Matter,’ no one blinks. But, ‘White Lives Matter.’ They fell apart. Right?”

She continued with her theory of America not achieving equality for whites, specifically white men and added that she wouldn’t want to be a one because it’s not easy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/candace-owens-says-straight-white-males-are-now-treated-like-black-americans-during-segregation/ar-AA13475g?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d0965c9404424e68883d1a849fbd1fc1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Candace Owens Says 'Straight White Males' Are Now Treated Like Black
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 11:36:49 am »
Most of it is initiated by democrats - just like in segregation. :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Candace Owens Says 'Straight White Males' Are Now Treated Like Black
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 10:56:02 pm »
Nice that she would say that.

But... speaking for myself... (and you're not gonna like this)... I'd prefer Plessy v. Ferguson to Brown v. Board of Education.