Author Topic: Prepare for blackouts on cold weekday evenings, public warned  (Read 159 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Prepare for blackouts on cold weekday evenings, public warned
« on: October 18, 2022, 11:31:28 am »
Prepare for blackouts on cold weekday evenings, public warned
Sarah Taaffe-Maguire, business reporter - Yesterday 3:32 PM

The head of Britain's electricity and gas systems' operator has told households to prepare for blackouts between 4pm and 7pm on weekdays during "really, really cold" days in January and February if gas imports are reduced.

John Pettigrew, the National Grid chief, said blackouts would have to be imposed during the "deepest darkest evenings" in January and February if electricity generators did not have enough gas to meet demand, especially if there is a period of cold weather.

His comments were made at the Financial Times's Energy Transition Summit on Monday.

Earlier this month, the National Grid had put the country on notice that the chances of gas shortages in winter have risen and that planned three-hour power blackouts could be imposed in some areas, in the "unlikely" event supplies of gas fall short of demand.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/prepare-for-blackouts-on-cold-weekday-evenings-public-warned/ar-AA1348aC?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d0965c9404424e68883d1a849fbd1fc1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson