Author Topic: Biden Admin Sending 2,500 National Guard Troops to the Southern Border  (Read 829 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin Sending 2,500 National Guard Troops to the Southern Border
Jennie TaerOctober 11, 20220

The U.S. will deploy more than double the number of troops than it has in Iraq and Syria to the U.S.-Mexico border amid a record-breaking surge in migrant encounters, a U.S. National Guard spokesperson told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

On July 8, Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin authorized the deployment of 2,500 service members as requested by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) “to provide infrastructure, operational, detection and monitoring, and aviation support to CBP [Customs and Border Protection],” a spokesperson for the National Guard told the DCNF, adding that the deployment is ongoing.

Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott deployed Texas National Guard troops to the border in July 2021 and recently reduced the original deployment to around 5,000, The Dallas Morning News reported in September.

https://www.conservativedailynews.com/2022/10/biden-admin-sending-2500-national-guard-troops-to-the-southern-border/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Biden Admin Sending 2,500 National Guard Troops to the Southern Border
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:17:50 pm »
Why are they doing that when, as the Biden administration claims, the border is already secure? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 07:19:42 pm »
Why are they doing that when, as the Biden administration claims, the border is already secure? :whistle:
It's the Brandon administration, maybe the cartels wanted more targets.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2022, 08:20:47 pm »
Just in time for the mid-terms...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022, 08:23:37 pm »
Just in time to save Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket from DeSantis.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2022, 10:00:41 pm »
Just in time to save Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket from DeSantis.

It does sound a little suspicious, doesn't it. :shrug:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2022, 10:02:57 pm »

It does sound a little suspicious, doesn't it. :shrug:

Gibbs rule #39
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2022, 10:10:56 pm »
Just in time for the mid-terms...
:thumbsup: And as soon as voting ends, they will leave.... Not that they will be allowed to do anything while they are there anyway...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2022, 10:25:48 pm »
Biden Admin Sending 2,500 National Guard Troops to the Southern Border

Uh, no.  Biden regime is forcing Texas to send 2,500 Texas troops to the Texas border to cover for what the Federal Government is still refusing to do.  Without a fire order in place to shoot foreign invader, the troops will simply be helping protect more illegals entering the country.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2022, 10:32:12 pm »
Uh, no.  Biden regime is forcing Texas to send 2,500 Texas troops to the Texas border to cover for what the Federal Government is still refusing to do.  Without a fire order in place to shoot foreign invader, the troops will simply be helping protect more illegals entering the country.

There will not be, in today's world a fire order. @Hoodat

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 10:39:36 pm »

Then what's the point?  The purpose of NG troops would be to protect this country from invasion, as obligated under Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution of the United States of America.  Nothing more.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2022, 10:46:07 pm »
Nice way to advertise troop strength in Iraq and Syria...

These troops will, unfortunately be ordered to impotently stand by (maybe even without ammo), as the invasion continues. One invader gets shot, even in self-defense, and the media and Leftists (otherwise) will have a field day, worldwide.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2022, 10:48:09 pm »

These troops will, unfortunately be ordered to impotently stand by (maybe even without ammo), as the invasion continues. One invader gets shot, even in self-defense, and the media and Leftists (otherwise) will have a field day, worldwide.

Agreed....not even sure their weapons will be loaded.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2022, 10:54:40 pm »

Unless the guard has the power to arrest, detain and deport the illegals along with the right to self defense than the only thing sending them to the border will accomplish is making them targets for abuse or worse.

Offline berdie

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2022, 11:48:45 pm »
Then what's the point?  The purpose of NG troops would be to protect this country from invasion, as obligated under Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution of the United States of America.  Nothing more.

I agree with you about the purpose. But think about how Border Patrol got
 beat down got about "whipping" people from horseback. Which didn't even happen. Now think about if they were firing on women and children with real bullets. It won't happen. I doubt that the NG would follow orders.

It will have to be legislative action. The stay in Mexico order seemed to be effective. Obliterate the anchor baby provision. Refuse any benefits  to illegals. Deport, deport, deport as soon as a foot is stepped here. That could be the NG's function. And, of course, a wall would be nice.

Of course, I am a dreamer.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2022, 11:57:29 pm »
This is nothing more than theatrics...The border is one of the top 5 concerns of voters this election..why else would he send the Guard now!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2022, 01:20:32 am »
Wouldn't it be funny if they went,and then shut down the border and started booting the warehoused invaders back across the border?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2022, 01:22:14 am »

@berdie

I would hope you are right. The day American troops are ordered to open fire on unarmed civilians,and do it,is the same day America dies.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2022, 03:51:47 am »

@berdie

I would hope you are right. The day American troops are ordered to open fire on unarmed civilians,and do it,is the same day America dies.
I agree. Unfortunately, the coyotes and cartels may decide they like the looks of their sidearms, and without ammo, those are about as good as a stout stick. (not that a stout stick can't get things done, they'd just be outgunned.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis