Author Topic: Female Democrat voters tell NY Times they're shifting to GOP over economic concerns: 'It's all about  (Read 258 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 17, 2022 10:56am EDT
Female Democrat voters tell NY Times they're shifting to GOP over economic concerns: 'It's all about cost'
Independent voters in battleground states are more aligned with Republicans, according to state polls
By Kristine Parks | Fox News

Economic concerns and "intense" disapproval of President Biden are giving Republicans an edge with independent voters in the  upcoming election, according to recent polling from The New York Times.

A NYT/Siena College poll found independent female voters in particular swung dramatically to the right in the past month, despite Democrats' focus on abortion rights. 

"In September, they favored Democrats by 14 points. Now, independent women backed Republicans by 18 points— a striking swing given the polarization of the American electorate and how intensely Democrats have focused on that group and on the threat Republicans pose to abortion rights," the paper reported.

The Times noted that was because the economy was "a far more potent political issue in 2022 than abortion," and a majority of voters trusted Republicans to handle it.

Reinforcing this point, the Times talked to Democrat women who were voting Republican this fall. Mortgage loan officer Robin Ackerman, 37, said she was switching because she felt the GOP was "more geared towards business."

Despite strongly disagreeing with the Supreme Court's Dobbs ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade, she said it wasn't going to influence her vote.

"But that doesn’t really have a lot to do with my decision… I’m more worried about other things," she told the outlet.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/female-democrat-voters-tell-ny-times-shifting-gop-economic-concerns-all-about-cost
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
"In September, they favored Democrats by 14 points. Now, independent women backed Republicans by 18 points— a striking swing given the polarization of the American electorate and how intensely Democrats have focused on that group and on the threat Republicans pose to abortion rights," the paper reported.

Despite strongly disagreeing with the Supreme Court's Dobbs ruling that overturned Roe v. Wade, she said it wasn't going to influence her vote. "But that doesn’t really have a lot to do with my decision… I’m more worried about other things," she told the outlet.

This isn't a shift, this is an avalanche. I'm assuming these are suburbanite women. If this is to be believed, then there are now races in play that weren't a month ago.

Would love to see the pants wetting going on at the DNC right now.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This isn't a shift, this is an avalanche. I'm assuming these are suburbanite women. If this is to be believed, then there are now races in play that weren't a month ago.

Would love to see the pants wetting going on at the DNC right now.

Dems hitch their wagons to the Abortion Train.  They choose poorly.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online DB

Democrats only know how to destroy things, including babies. They leave destruction wherever they go.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Every single dim ad is around Women's choice.  That's how bad their message is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How can a family stop Global Climate Change on an empty stomach?

Silly Dems, people still need to eat food.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.