Author Topic: The Real “Existential Threat” To People and Planet  (Read 202 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Real “Existential Threat” To People and Planet
« on: October 17, 2022, 02:34:26 pm »
The Real “Existential Threat” To People and Planet
9 hours ago Guest Blogger 45 Comments
It is government policies that promote green energy and suppress fossil fuels

Don Ritter

It’s ironic. The very Biden Administration and European Government policies that are supposed to address the asserted “existential threat” of climate change are themselves the true existential threat to modern civilization.

As someone trained in science and engineering, a lifelong hiker, gardener and lover of nature in the extreme, I want a healthy, sustainable planet as much as anyone promoting the climate change agenda.  It’s not that “green” energy is bad. It’s that the rate of “going green,” and the enormous investments required, are wildly disproportionate to society’s energy needs, now and for the foreseeable future.

Elon Musk gets it, but most government leadership do not – or choose to remain silent. “Realistically, civilization will crumble if we don’t continue to use oil and gas in the short run,” Musk has said.

Civilization crumbling is clearly an “existential threat.” And this guy sells electric cars! He also recommended “continued drilling and exploration for oil and gas,” because he understands that producing and fueling electric vehicles will require substantial fossil fuel electricity generation, for years to come.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/16/the-real-existential-threat-to-people-and-planet/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Real “Existential Threat” To People and Planet
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 02:37:40 pm »
I have neither seen nor heard anything about electric companies working to improve their ability to produce more electricity.  It makes me wonder if they  aren't in cahoots with the government to drive their profits up and put another nail in the middle class's coffin. :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Real “Existential Threat” To People and Planet
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 10:14:10 pm »
"The Real “Existential Threat” To People and Planet..."

This guy:

...and this one: