Author Topic: Biden uses controversial Trump policy to deal with influx of Venezuelan migrants at the border even  (Read 198 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden uses controversial Trump policy to deal with influx of Venezuelan migrants at the border even as his Justice Department fights against the policy in court: report
Sarah Al-Arshani 3 hours ago

President Biden is using a Trump-era rule to curb Venezuelans from entering the US at the southern border.

Title 42 was invoked in 2020 under Trump to send migrants back to Mexico, citing the COVID-19 pandemic.

Biden's Justice Department, however, has been fighting the policy in court.

President Joe Biden is relying on a controversial policy enforced by former President Donald Trump to deport Venezuelan migrants even as his own Justice Department fights that policy in court, The Associated Press reported.

Title 42 is a policy implemented in 2020 under Trump during the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and allowed the US to turn away migrants at the US southern border as a way to curb the spread of the virus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/biden-uses-trumps-immigration-policy-to-deport-some-venezuelan-migrants-2022-10
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 05:42:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson