Author Topic: As FBI probed Jan. 6, many agents sympathized with insurrection, according to newly released email  (Read 349 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
As FBI probed Jan. 6, many agents sympathized with insurrection, according to newly released email
Will Carless, USA TODAY
Sat, October 15, 2022 at 4:01 AM

A "sizable percentage" of FBI employees felt sympathy towards the Jan. 6 insurrectionists, and considered the riot at the U.S. Capitol "no different than the BLM protests," according to a warning email sent to a top FBI official by someone with apparent connections to the bureau.

In the email, which is included in a trove of documents released by the bureau this week, the sender's name is redacted. The documents indicate the message came from an email address outside the bureau, though the subject line is "Internal concerns."

The email was sent to Paul Abbate, now the second highest official at the FBI, who responded an hour later, thanking the sender for the message.

The Jan. 13, 2021, email contained a stark warning about attitudes toward the insurrection within the bureau:

“I literally had to explain to an agent from a ‘blue state’ office the difference between opportunists burning and looting during protests that stemmed legitimate grievance to police brutality vs. an insurgent mob whose purpose was to prevent the execution of democratic processes at the behest of a sitting president,” the email states. “One is a smattering of criminals, the other is an organized group of domestic terrorists.”

more
https://news.yahoo.com/fbi-probed-jan-6-many-090154385.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Don't care how they feel, enforce the damn laws...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Meh. There may be some honest cops in there, but my bet is that this is a ploy to keep their jobs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

Psst, USA Today: there was no insurrection.

Carry on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org