Author Topic: Yahoo! Finance: We Could Ease Diaper Shortage If Pregnancy Centers Would Quit Convincing Women To Ke  (Read 585 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yahoo! Finance: We Could Ease Diaper Shortage If Pregnancy Centers Would Quit Convincing Women To Keep Their Babies
By: Jordan Boyd
October 14, 2022

Yahoo! Finance not only thinks that killing off babies in the womb is a solution for diaper poverty in the U.S. but also says Americans’ nappy woes should be blamed on pregnancy centers.

With the headline “America is facing a diaper crisis, and the anti-abortion movement is making it worse,” the article’s author, Senior Editor Sandra Salathe, alleges that “Roughly one-third of U.S. families are unable to afford diapers necessary to keep their babies dry and clean.”

Salathe neglects to mention that diaper prices, among other baby items such as formula, have been severely impacted by climbing inflation and the ongoing supply chain crisis under President Joe Biden. Instead, she says that pregnancy centers are somehow responsible for the “physical,” “mental,” and “economic” stress that families endure trying to keep their babies diapered.

“The coronavirus pandemic has played a heavy role in this crisis, and as households seek help from nonprofit organizations, anti-abortion centers (AACs) may be misrepresenting the extent of their services,” Salathe writes.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2022/10/14/yahoo-finance-we-could-ease-diaper-shortage-if-pregnancy-centers-would-quit-convincing-women-to-keep-their-babies/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

So why didn’t we have a diaper shortage during the baby boom?

Hard to believe that somebody wrote this article with a straight face
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

Sure... the obvious way to ease the diaper shortage is to
KILL MORE BABIES  9999hair out0000

Good Lord help us all. This is not the America I know.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
This is the Bee....right.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Hard to believe that somebody wrote this article with a straight face
Well, for one thing, moms used cloth diapers.
If they ran out, it was time to do laundry...

The writer might as well have said to feed those babies less, so they won't have to go so often, which might be happening too, with the formula shortage.

What I don't get is the Brave New World style War on Motherhood, which is as fundamental a War on Women as you can find.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Because disposable diapers hadn't been invented yet.

Now they have them for every age group. Potty training taking too long? Baby diapers now go up to size 7! (They were only size 5 when I was a kid.) Bedwetting lasting too long? There are diapers for that, too, all the way up into teen years. Then when you get old and your bladder starts failing, there are Depends, and their competitors. That's not even counting the adults who are kinky and into that stuff. (Which, whatever. You do you. But some of it comes dangerously close to pedophilia.)

The disposable diaper market is a goldmine you can't even imagine.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The only diaper Biden cares about is the one he wears.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The only diaper Biden cares about is the one he wears.
Well, that's one end of this, the other is the Chinese made disposable blue face diaper kickba... 888mouth
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis