Author Topic: Biden Scapegoats The Saudis For His Self-Inflicted Energy Cris  (Read 254 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Scapegoats The Saudis For His Self-Inflicted Energy Cris
« on: October 14, 2022, 05:16:49 pm »
WRITTEN BY MOHAMMED ALYAHYA ON OCT 14, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Biden Scapegoats The Saudis For His Self-Inflicted Energy Crisis

The Biden administration plans to “re-evaluate” America’s eight-decade-old alliance with Saudi Arabia because of last week’s OPEC+ decision to cut oil production.

But the White House posturing looks like a bid to distract from the effects at home of Washington’s failure to pursue a successful transition to clean energy. [bold, links added]

Blaming Saudi Arabia, or OPEC+, or Vladimir Putin for an energy crisis that results from a policy of switching from carbon fuels to “clean energy”—on the basis of what looks like utopian assumptions—is disingenuous.

Unlike countries such as Japan or China, America can produce far more oil than it consumes. The oil prices U.S. consumers pay are due to choices their leaders made.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/biden-scapegoats-the-saudis-for-his-self-inflicted-energy-crisis/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:17:44 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Biden Scapegoats The Saudis For His Self-Inflicted Energy Cris
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 05:18:45 pm »
You're on the world stage mafia tough guy, that dog won't hunt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 05:27:40 pm »
The Saudis didn't cancel the Keystone XL Pipeline.

The Saudis are not blocking US energy exploration, development, processing plants, storage, and pipelines.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 05:29:08 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 09:30:59 pm »
The Saudis didn't cancel the Keystone XL Pipeline.

The Saudis are not blocking US energy exploration, development, processing plants, storage, and pipelines.

Precisely. I have nothing but contempt for those who cry over self-inflicted wounds.

The rest of America, however, is suffering because of the orders of one man.

That's bleep up.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis