Author Topic: The Army Can Predict When Some Leaders Are at Risk of Misconduct  (Read 257 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army Can Predict When Some Leaders Are at Risk of Misconduct

And they’re using targeted counseling to intervene before those high-risk periods begin.
ELIZABETH HOWE | OCTOBER 13, 2022 01:39 PM ET

The U.S. Army has figured out when command sergeant majors are at risk of losing focus or even going bad—and has successfully used counseling to reduce instances of undesirable behavior, its top enlisted leader said Wednesday.

“We’ve identified some points where our sergeant majors look like they’re in a danger zone,” Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston said at the Association of the United States Army’s annual conference in Washington, D.C.

Grinston showed a slide with  “danger zones” marked in red: three months into a command sergeant major’s tour, one year in, and when he or she has just two months left.

“At those points, they’re at a high risk of investigation. Our goal is to prevent those types of things from happening using targeted counseling,” he said.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2022/10/army-can-predict-when-some-leaders-are-risk-misconduct/378383/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army Can Predict When Some Leaders Are at Risk of Misconduct
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 11:28:04 am »
I think they should use it on officers as well. :yowsa:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 12:20:20 pm »
Wonder if they could have caught the Walkers or Vidman....  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 12:35:17 pm »
And they’re using targeted counseling to intervene before those high-risk periods begin.

Well for the women, that would about every 28 days.

(Ducking for Cover)