Author Topic: NYC schools 'overwhelmed' by influx of migrant students: 'We are not prepared for this'  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC schools 'overwhelmed' by influx of migrant students: 'We are not prepared for this'

School board member tells 'Fox & Friends' schools should not be responsible for immigration policy
By Elizabeth Heckman | Fox News

NYC schools struggle to handle influx of migrant kids

NYC District 2 Community Education Council member and parent Danyela Egorov on New York City's inability to handle the influx of migrant children in schools

Some New York City schools are warning officials that their teachers and staff are not prepared to handle an influx of thousands of migrant students.

District 2 Community Ed Council member Danyela Egorov joined "Fox & Friends" Thursday to discuss the struggle facing these schools as 5,500 Spanish-speaking students are being enrolled.

"Our schools are not prepared," said Egorov. "We don't have bilingual teachers. Children are being asked to translate for our children. Our schools were not prepared to receive this influx of students. And we want to make sure that everybody is being served well."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-schools-overwhelmed-influx-migrant-students-prepared
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I guess Texas schools are prepared to handle all the illegals and didn't have any problems with COVID like NYC schools did. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson