Author Topic: Biden executive order allows spying on Americans to assess ‘political instability,’ climate ‘threats  (Read 166 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden executive order allows spying on Americans to assess ‘political instability,’ climate ‘threats’

An executive order aimed at European-American data exchanges provides a kind of legal ‘backdoor’ to surveillance of Americans, under extremely broad pretexts.

Emily Mangiaracina

Wed Oct 12, 2022 - 6:35 pm EDT

(LifeSiteNews) – President Joe Biden issued an executive order (EO) that allows the government to spy on Americans for broadly defined reasons including understanding “public health risks,” “political instability,” and the “threat” of climate change.

The October 7 EO is ostensibly written to “enhanc[e] safeguards” for “United States Signals Intelligence Activities,” which is intelligence gathering by the interception of signals, including communications, such as through cell phones, or those not used in communication.

An accompanying fact sheet explains that the EO is meant to help “implement the U.S. commitments under the European Union-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF)” in an effort to “restore trust and stability” to transatlantic data flows. Thus, both Europeans and Americans are subject to the EO’s provisions.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/biden-executive-order-allows-spying-on-americans-to-assess-political-instability-climate-threats/?utm_source=daily-usa-2022-10-13&utm_medium=email
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson