Author Topic: McConnell says he has votes to serve as majority leader, despite Trump attacks  (Read 799 times)

Online corbe

McConnell says he has votes to serve as majority leader, despite Trump attacks

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 10/12/22 10:22 AM ET

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) says he has the votes to serve as majority leader if Republicans capture control of the Senate, despite weathering nearly two years of personal attacks from former President Trump. 

Trump has repeatedly called on Senate Republicans to replace McConnell as leader but he hasn’t gotten any traction in the Senate GOP conference. 

“I have the votes,” McConnell told CNN in an interview, slamming the door on any speculation that an influx of Trump-aligned freshman senators could shake up the Senate GOP leadership structure. 

Republican senators say that no one in their conference has made a move to explore support for a possible challenge to McConnell. 

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/3684461-mcconnell-says-he-has-votes-to-serve-as-majority-leader-despite-trump-attacks/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Right here is the core of the problem. It's not as if McConnell appoints himself to the position for as long as he wants it.

Our supposed representation simply will not listen.
The Republic is lost.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Republican senators say that no one in their conference has made a move to explore support for a possible challenge to McConnell.

Yet ...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
That is why we need a massive grass roots infusion of conservatives calling our R- Senators to dump Turdle.  We'll need to convince 26
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

McConnell says he has votes to serve as majority leader, despite Trump attacks

BY ALEXANDER BOLTON - 10/12/22 10:22 AM ET

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.) says he has the votes to serve as majority leader if Republicans capture control of the Senate, despite weathering nearly two years of personal attacks from former President Trump. 

Trump has repeatedly called on Senate Republicans to replace McConnell as leader but he hasn’t gotten any traction in the Senate GOP conference. 

“I have the votes,” McConnell told CNN in an interview, slamming the door on any speculation that an influx of Trump-aligned freshman senators could shake up the Senate GOP leadership structure. 

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/3684461-mcconnell-says-he-has-votes-to-serve-as-majority-leader-despite-trump-attacks/
:3: :3: :3:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
:3: :3: :3:

Feckless, flaccid, and worthless GOP has no testicles.

A GOP majority with this POS running the party is pointless.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

That is why we need a massive grass roots infusion of conservatives calling our R- Senators to dump Turdle.  We'll need to convince 26

Especially those running for reelecton in 2024.

Online DB

Ya, it worked so well last time he was "leader"... The same regurgitated crap over and over...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
All I see for any GOP in Congress (till McConnell is out of there) is hopefully a stalemate where nothing much happens.

The path to advancing conservative positions right now is still thru the States, and where efforts need to be focused.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan observes:
"All I see for any GOP in Congress (till McConnell is out of there) is hopefully a stalemate where nothing much happens.
The path to advancing conservative positions right now is still thru the States, and where efforts need to be focused."

All your points are well taken.

Ahem... a "pathway"...?
"Through the States..."?

What "path" did the Colonists choose back around 1775?

Is it time yet for a New Continental Congress?

Offline dfwgator

More's the pity.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If the party is to move forward it needs to kick these old ticturds to the curb.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Feckless, flaccid, and worthless GOP has no testicles.

A GOP majority with this POS running the party is pointless.

888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Right here is the core of the problem. It's not as if McConnell appoints himself to the position for as long as he wants it.

Our supposed representation simply will not listen.
My bet is that he has career ending dirt on enough of the current crowd to keep those votes in his pocket. Leverage.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
My bet is that he has career ending dirt on enough of the current crowd to keep those votes in his pocket. Leverage.

And you can bet that many of the current crop have plenty of dirt on him as well. Mutually assured destruction IIRC.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien