Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

What is your favorite Halloween candy? 👻🎃🍭

<< < (13/14) > >>

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: LilLamb on October 17, 2022, 07:02:55 am ---Nooooo! The salt ruins the licorice. It’s nasty!  If you love licorice the Netherlands is the place to get it. They have so many different variations of it. Whenever I flew home from the Netherlands I always had a big bag of licorice.

--- End quote ---

With the exception of your disagreement wrt the salt, That's what I said @LilLamb   happy77

I have never been to the old country - All that wound up in me by osmosis through my Dutch family in Chicago, Wisconsin, and Michigan (and points between). I am 3rd gen American and half purebred Dutch (Freislander, or high country).  :beer:

So I come by it naturally.

berdie:

--- Quote from: LilLamb on October 17, 2022, 06:57:12 am ---Me, too!

--- End quote ---

Mine as well. I mix them with candy corn.

As far as chocolate candy, I can't choose a favorite. I never met a chocolate candy bar I didn't like. :laugh:

berdie:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 17, 2022, 08:22:18 am ---With the exception of your disagreement wrt the salt, That's what I said @LilLamb   happy77

I have never been to the old country - All that wound up in me by osmosis through my Dutch family in Chicago, Wisconsin, and Michigan (and points between). I am 3rd gen American and half purebred Dutch (Freislander, or high country).  :beer:

So I come by it naturally.

--- End quote ---

This is interesting, @roamer_1 . I guess I've never had "real" licorice. When I was a kid we had the licorice whips. And the black jelly beans are all mine, lol.

I may have to look on Amazon to see if I can order the real thing.

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: berdie on October 17, 2022, 11:12:05 pm ---

This is interesting, @roamer_1 . I guess I've never had "real" licorice. When I was a kid we had the licorice whips. And the black jelly beans are all mine, lol.

I may have to look on Amazon to see if I can order the real thing.

--- End quote ---

Depends upon the refinement of your tastes I reckon @berdie ... Kinda like beer - Good beer is wasted on me - Give me cheap crappy beer and I will be fine. I find no measurable difference in Pilsner beers... So a PBR or a Kokanee, or a Rainier is fine with me, and no need to spend any more. Though a dark ale is a different thing...

But if you have a taste for black licorice, yes, indeed, try a northern European source, and the Netherlands particularly.

Idiot:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 12, 2022, 04:34:39 pm ---This time of year exclusively... candy corn mixed with peanuts... A long tradition in my house, always put out in candy dishes all over the house.

As to the rest, tarty stuff like sweettarts or skittles... Jellys to a lesser degree... chocolate is fine. Nougat and nuts... But I am without a doubt a caramel guy.

Brach's Milkmaids or Royals are probably my all time favorite. I can eat em by the pound.

--- End quote ---
Candy corn....yummmmmm!  I love any of the things you mentioned...sadly sometimes I have a fear that a skittles or caramel will yank a filling out....old age sucks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version