Briefing Room Polls (Guests Welcome!) > The Briefingroom Polls

What is your favorite Halloween candy? 👻🎃🍭

<< < (12/14) > >>

mountaineer:
All this talk of candy is getting to me. We don't hand out Halloween candy, but I'm going to buy something anyway, thanks to this discussion.

Texas Yellow Rose:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on October 14, 2022, 03:56:10 pm ---I remember those days.

--- End quote ---

And before the 80' was October 31, 1974 in Pasadena, Texas

--- Quote --- PASADENA, TX — Urban legends abound warning of Halloween sweets tainted with pins, glass, razor blades, and even Ecstasy, but there’s one tale of weaponized candy handed out during the ghoulish holiday that’s actually based on frightening fact. The true-crime case of Ronald Clark O’Bryan, known as the “Candyman” and “The Man Who Killed Halloween,” forever changed the way many trick-or-treaters and their parents view the holiday — whether they realize it or not.

On October 31, 1974, O’Bryan and his family — wife Daynene; son Timothy, 8; and daughter Elizabeth, 5 — had dinner with Jim Bates, his wife, and their children. When they finished up, O’Bryan and his two kids joined Bates and his little boy on a hunt for candy.

At one point during the evening, the fathers and their children stopped at a home, but nobody answered and they left. O’Bryan then drifted behind the group, but he came running back a short time later waving five 22-inch Pixie Stix, straws packed with a powdered candy. According to O’Bryan, he had stumbled upon “some rich neighbors” who gave him the “expensive treats.”

"It was kind of a cold, and kind of a misty, damp night,” said Harold Nassif, a former Pasadena detective sergeant. "Since it had been raining, Mr. O'Bryan had a raincoat on. Unbeknownst to [anyone], he had the Pixie Stix shoved up the sleeves of his raincoat."
--- End quote ---

more https://www.investigationdiscovery.com/crimefeed/murder/candyman-poisoned-halloween-candy-pixie-stix

Sighlass:

--- Quote from: Elderberry on October 14, 2022, 11:48:54 am ---                                              Tom's Peanut Butter Logs

--- End quote ---

Just you and me it seems, but I loved these too... Spent 10 minutes cleaning them out of my teeth, but it was worth it. @Elderberry

LilLamb:

--- Quote from: Free Vulcan on October 12, 2022, 04:35:14 pm ---

My weakness.

--- End quote ---

Me, too!

LilLamb:

--- Quote from: roamer_1 on October 12, 2022, 11:55:13 pm ---@Right_in_Virginia

:beer: :seeya:

You should try and get you some black licorice out of Holland... Salted. The very best. If you've got a Dutch community around there, it is worth seeking out.

--- End quote ---

Nooooo! The salt ruins the licorice. It’s nasty!  If you love licorice the Netherlands is the place to get it. They have so many different variations of it. Whenever I flew home from the Netherlands I always had a big bag of licorice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version