Author Topic: Biden administration begged Saudis to push oil cut until after midterms: report  (Read 667 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden administration begged Saudis to push oil cut until after midterms: report
By Caitlin Doornbos   
October 11, 2022 2:41pm

WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia shut down Biden officials’ pleadings to delay the crucial OPEC+ decision last week slashing oil production until after the upcoming midterm elections, with Riyadh viewing the demand as a political ploy, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday.

American officials cautioned the Saudi government that cutting oil production would weaken Washington’s already strained relationship with Riyadh, and that the US would interpret the move as the kingdom taking Russia’s side in its ongoing war on Ukraine, according to the newspaper, which cited unnamed sources.

Saudi leaders rejected the White House’s request, “which they viewed as a political gambit by the Biden administration to avoid bad news” ahead of the Nov. 8 elections.

Instead, the Saudi-led group of oil-producing nations announced last week it will slash output by 2 million barrels a day, causing a spike in gas prices.

In response, Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Menendez called to cut all ties with the Middle Eastern nation Tuesday.

“The United States must immediately freeze all aspects of our cooperation with Saudi Arabia, including any arms sales and security cooperation beyond what is absolutely necessary to defend U.S. personnel and interests,” Menendez said in a statement. “As chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, I will not green-light any cooperation with Riyadh until the Kingdom reassesses its position with respect to the war in Ukraine. Enough is enough.”

Saudi Arabia is the US’ largest foreign military sales customer, with more than $100 billion in active cases, according to the State Department — which in August approved the $3.05 billion sale of 300 Patriot guided tactical ballistic missiles and associated equipment.

Three other House Democrats introduced a bill last week that would pull all US troops and missile defense systems from Saudi Arabia in response to the OPEC+ decision.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/10/11/biden-admin-begged-saudis-to-push-oil-cut-until-after-midterms-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Say it isn't so...they were seeking Saudi collusion to change the results of an election.

When do the investigations start?   :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline EdinVA

It is spelled Quid Pro Quo....  I seem to remember something about that before..

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Why would the Saudis agree?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Saudis are not our allies.

The Saudi Royal Family is responsible for 9/11.

The Saudis use the US Military as a mercenary force as a bulwark against Iran.

The US should completely withdraw from the Persian Gulf.

Let India and China protect their own Middle East sources of oil.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline LMAO

It is spelled Quid Pro Quo....  I seem to remember something about that before..

Indeed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Publicly begging a threat to Americas energy/security to beg Saudis to extend an energy agenda until the next election is over to aid and abet deceiving the nations people before dropping the hammer on the nation right after the election is over.  This looks more and more like a globalist agenda crime being acknowledged before the world.  Joe again is allies with foreigners, enemies to Americans.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline corbe

They pushed the Railroad Strike till after the Midterms, that problem is not solved.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

News That Matters
@ThatmattersNews
56m
BREAKING
In response to reports of Biden’s quid pro quo dealings with Saudi Arabia, Congress announces a formal investigation and possible impeachment of Donald J Trump
8:37 AM · Oct 13, 2022

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
FLASHBACK: Here is @JakeTapper in 2019 losing his mind about a *possible* quid pro quo between Trump and Zelensky.
He said nothing when Biden admitted on to his face.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1580545013389590529
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
News That Matters
@ThatmattersNews
56m
BREAKING
In response to reports of Biden’s quid pro quo dealings with Saudi Arabia, Congress announces a formal investigation and possible impeachment of Donald J Trump
8:37 AM · Oct 13, 2022

Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
FLASHBACK: Here is @JakeTapper in 2019 losing his mind about a *possible* quid pro quo between Trump and Zelensky.

The fact that CNN and the left makes Tapper out to be a valid journalist is quite funny.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Mollie Hemingway: By Democrat Standards, Biden Pressuring Saudis On Oil Prices Is An Impeachable Offense
Posted By Tyler Stone
October 14, 2022

'The Federalist' and FOX News contributor Mollie Hemingway compared President Biden's actions with Saudi Arabia to President Trump's actions to Ukraine:

"I was not a fan of that last impeachment but by the standards set by Democrats and the media, the argument was that Donald Trump, by asking for an investigation into the notorious corruption in Ukraine that deals with some of our most powerful families, and that because we have a relationship with Ukraine, this constituted a quid pro quo and a meddling in an upcoming election. Well here we have a letter released that shows that president Biden explicitly asked for help in this election by delaying this outcome of cutting back on oil production. He has publicly announced that he wants to persecute Saudi Arabia or punish them, you know, through some means, whether it's legislative or limiting arms sales, and we have this all publicly. And so by the standards set by Democrats and the media, he obviously should be impeached and he obviously should be immediately convicted if you're going to be consistent."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/10/14/mollie_hemingway_by_democrat_standards_biden_pressuring_saudis_on_oil_prices_is_an_impeachable_offense.html

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Say it isn't so...they were seeking Saudi collusion to change the results of an election.

When do the investigations start?   :whistle:
On the twelfth of never, and that's if the republicans take back the majority.

Offline Kamaji

Mollie Hemingway: By Democrat Standards, Biden Pressuring Saudis On Oil Prices Is An Impeachable Offense
Posted By Tyler Stone
October 14, 2022

'The Federalist' and FOX News contributor Mollie Hemingway compared President Biden's actions with Saudi Arabia to President Trump's actions to Ukraine:

"I was not a fan of that last impeachment but by the standards set by Democrats and the media, the argument was that Donald Trump, by asking for an investigation into the notorious corruption in Ukraine that deals with some of our most powerful families, and that because we have a relationship with Ukraine, this constituted a quid pro quo and a meddling in an upcoming election. Well here we have a letter released that shows that president Biden explicitly asked for help in this election by delaying this outcome of cutting back on oil production. He has publicly announced that he wants to persecute Saudi Arabia or punish them, you know, through some means, whether it's legislative or limiting arms sales, and we have this all publicly. And so by the standards set by Democrats and the media, he obviously should be impeached and he obviously should be immediately convicted if you're going to be consistent."
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2022/10/14/mollie_hemingway_by_democrat_standards_biden_pressuring_saudis_on_oil_prices_is_an_impeachable_offense.html

:thumbsup: