Author Topic: Abortion Collapsing as Relevant Midterm Issue for Democrats  (Read 355 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abortion Collapsing as Relevant Midterm Issue for Democrats
« on: October 10, 2022, 10:39:46 pm »
Abortion Collapsing as Relevant Midterm Issue for Democrats

Wendell Husebø 10 Oct 2022

The issue of abortion is collapsing as a relevant topic for Democrats just 29 days away from the midterm elections, as inflation remains the nation’s top worry.

Democrat Senate candidate Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-NV) tried to sidestep inflation in an interview with the Associated Press on Monday, preferring to focus on abortion.

“I know our families, the issues that are important to them are the kitchen-table issues,” she said, citing inflation that has been fueled by massive Democrat spending in the last two years.

“But I also know, talking with our families, the repeal of Roe v. Wade is having an impact,” she claimed. “We’re a pro-choice state, proudly. That’s why so many are outraged by the repeal.”

In Nevada, gas prices have remained above $5.40 a gallon. The state’s unemployment rate is also higher than the national average. The economy has been impacted by Cortez Masto’s “anti-energy policies,” which have caused the state’s electrical grid to be reliant on expanded large-scale battery storage technology instead of traditional energy forms, such as natural gas-powered generating stations.

Yusette Solomon, a Democrat working for the Culinary Workers union, acknowledged the state’s sagging economy is a far more relevant worry than the state’s abortion law. Abortions are permitted in Nevada up to 24 weeks of pregnancy.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/midterm-election/2022/10/10/abortion-collapsing-as-relevant-midterm-issue-for-democrats/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Abortion Collapsing as Relevant Midterm Issue for Democrats
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2022, 10:48:09 pm »
When you can't fill your gas tank, heat your home, pay for food, and feel safe in the city streets, abortions don't matter.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2022, 10:53:15 pm »

I saw this coming.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2022, 09:35:19 am »
Seriously, I have to wonder if Roe being overturned was that much of an issue to that large a segment of the public, anyway. State law now governs the rules for that state, so the focus of the anti-life folks should be there, not having cartwheeling fits over whether or not there is some Federal Standard.

For all the howling about "democracy", State level government is the most democratic in nature.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 11:13:16 am by rustynail »