Author Topic: Deputy Treasury Sec’y: ‘Gas Prices Should Continue Coming Down,’ Gas Station Owners Should Lower Pri  (Read 1205 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Deputy Treasury Sec’y: ‘Gas Prices Should Continue Coming Down,’ Gas Station Owners Should Lower Prices

Ian Hanchett 8 Oct 2022

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo said that the Biden administration thinks gas prices “should continue coming down,” and there have been “historic spreads between the cost of crude oil and the cost that’s being paid at the pump. So, we’re calling on those who own those gas stations to bring down the price.”

Host Andrea Mitchell asked, “Bottom line, can you do anything to bring down gas prices between now and the election a month from now?”

Adeyemo responded, “So, Andrea, we think that gas prices should continue coming down, because we’ve seen historic spreads between the cost of crude oil and the cost that’s being paid at the pump. So, we’re calling on those who own those gas stations to bring down the price. But in addition to that, we’ve already seen that, over the course of this last month, we’ve seen a release of the SPR that has helped to keep prices lower than they were at their highs this summer. And we’re committed to taking every other action that we can to try and bring down prices over the course of the next few days, the next few months, and over the course of the next years because we know how important this is to the American people.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/08/deputy-treasury-secy-gas-prices-should-continue-coming-down-gas-station-owners-should-lower-prices/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Lol

We are so screwed
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gas prices in CT had been on a downward trend until the past couple of days.

Seemed like the price jumped up 25-30 cents almost overnight.

Offline The_Reader_David

Great, another Ivy League educated dolt who doesn't understand that gas stations operate on incredibly thin margins, with a lot of their profits coming from sale of non-fuel products like soda and snacks, and have essentially no control over the price they charge for gasoline because it's effectively set by their suppliers. 

Maybe the next GOP administration should tap some random small businessmen for Deputy Secretary positions in Treasury, Energy, Commerce, Labor,... (well assuming the really, really good thing doesn't happen and the last three of those get abolished).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline DB

This is just public performance art to shift blame. And many dolts will take it as gospel. Truth has no bearing on their claims.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What you pay today is what the owner of the station expects to pay for the next load of gas (plus a few cents per gallon, at most). Otherwise the station would get fewer and fewer gallons of fuel as prices were rising, or be losing money.
That is the reason prices seem to go up faster than they come down.
As has been mentioned, the money to be made is made in the convenience stores, and back in the day, on vehicle servicing, tires, belts, and hoses, parts and repairs (not often seen now).

But lifelong politicians who don't know how things actually work would not understand that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

How are prices continuing to come down when they jumped 50 cents overnight a few days ago?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

Why is the wife of a former Fed Chairman asking a Deputy Treasury Secretary about gas prices?  Both are obviously idiots when it comes to rudimentary questions regarding supply and demand.

The only issue relevant to either of them is the election, and how they can bullshit the American people into believing the Democrats give a damn about the American people.

Adeyemo brings up the "historic spread" between the cost of crude and the price of gas as if gas station owners pay for wholesale oil instead of wholesale gas.  And then he cites the release of oil (not gasoline) from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve as if they have actually had an effect on gas prices.  Like I said, idiots.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

If all of this destruction wasn’t being done intentionally, all of these people would’ve lost their jobs.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I might get slammed here as an oil company annuitant, but I wish the station owners would arbitrarily jack the cost up a quarter a gallon now till election day just to punish the dims.

Honestly, its in all our best interest in the long run.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 06:39:22 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

I might get slammed here as an oil company annuitant, but I wish the station owners would arbitrarily jack the cost up a quarter a gallon now till election day just to punish the dims.

Now, it's been a while since I was in that game, but as I know it, a quarter a gallon would probably double their profit.  :whistle:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Now, it's been a while since I was in that game, but as I know it, a quarter a gallon would probably double their profit.  :whistle:

Not as much about profit, but for political retribution.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

Sounds good to me.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I have never been in the business but always understood that station owners only make pennies per gallon profit, this fortune article says after studying 30K stations the profit runs from .03 - .07 cents.
https://fortune.com/2022/08/09/energy-profit-margins-gas-stations-proof-fuel-retailers-high-gas-prices-alex-kinnier/

Offline roamer_1

Not as much about profit, but for political retribution.

My point being that if the quarter was there at all, no doubt they would already be taking it for profit. The margins are so weak at the pump that often gasoline is nothing but a lost leader, bringing people in for fan belts and washer fluid... That's why the mini-mart evolved beyond the normal neighborhood store. I doubt the gas is worth the trouble, other than it brings folks in.

Offline berdie

My point being that if the quarter was there at all, no doubt they would already be taking it for profit. The margins are so weak at the pump that often gasoline is nothing but a lost leader, bringing people in for fan belts and washer fluid... That's why the mini-mart evolved beyond the normal neighborhood store. I doubt the gas is worth the trouble, other than it brings folks in.

I don't think the gasoline is the money maker. I had a friend that owned a small gas station with a mini-mart.

But when self-serve became the norm, not many went in to buy chips, etc. He had to conform or go out of business. And he did.

Online catfish1957

But my point is that the  millions of people whose are in the oil industry or dependant on it need to realize that Biden and his minions have made no secret that they have declared war on the industry.  All of us need to fight tooth and nail with 10X the veracity to make the dims pay.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dem politicians could always donate their campaign warchests, PAC money, and SuperPAC money to their constituents as gas cards.

... but, they'd rather take food out of the mouths of small, independent, business owners and their families.  How greedy and mean-spirited of them.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.