Author Topic: Common Dreams: Rooftop Solar Would have Prevented Hurricane Ian Power Outages  (Read 339 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Common Dreams: Rooftop Solar Would have Prevented Hurricane Ian Power Outages
12 hours ago Eric Worrall 75 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Greens are using the power outages following Hurricane Ian to push solar power.

The Climate Emergency Is Very Much Here. Now We Must Act.

Climate impacts are here today so we need to double down on climate adaptation now.

ANDREAS KARELAS October 5, 2022

In Florida, Hurricane Ian ripped homes from their foundations, mangled boat docks and left at least 2.6 million people without power. Floridians shared pictures of flamingos sheltering from the storm in public bathrooms and sharks swimming up the flooded streets.

Welcome to the age of climate change.

As we assess the devastating effects of Hurricane Ian, it’s time to take a closer look at climate adaptation. How ready are we for the climate impacts that are here now and are on track to become scarily worse?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/07/common-dreams-rooftop-solar-would-have-prevented-hurricane-ian-power-outages/
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:37:33 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline roamer_1

It ain't THAT the wind is blowin... It's WHAT the wind is blowin - Ron White

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Uhhhhhhhh.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Rooftop? Roof? What roof?

These people have never been through a hurricane, i'd wager.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis