Author Topic: The SKY IS FALLING at the PNAS  (Read 166 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The SKY IS FALLING at the PNAS
« on: October 08, 2022, 01:32:55 pm »
The SKY IS FALLING at the PNAS
21 mins ago Charles Rotter 6 Comments
Dr. Willie Soon alerted me to this story in an email.

Here is the press release for the swivel-eyed professors’ screed.

Every time I read a story, such as this, I get an overwhelming urge to start chanting a famous Passover ritual, the recital of the Ten Plagues: Blood, Frogs, Lice, Pestilence….

Professors call for more research into climate-change related threats to civilization

UNIVERSITY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA

An opinion piece published today in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, a peer-reviewed journal of the National Academy of Sciences, urgently calls for more research into the specific pathways by which civilization could potentially collapse due to climate change.

“Scientists have warned that climate change threatens the habitability of large regions of the Earth and even civilization itself, but surprisingly little research exists about how collapse could happen and what can be done to prevent it,” says Dr. Daniel Steel of the School of Population and Public Health at the University of British Columbia.

“A better understanding of the risks of collapse is essential for climate ethics and policy.”

In the article, Dr. Steel and his colleagues, Dr. C. Tyler DesRoches with Arizona State University’s School of Sustainability and Dr. Kian Mintz-Woo from University College Cork, define civilization collapse as the loss of societal capacity to maintain essential governance functions, especially maintaining security, the rule of law, and the provision of basic necessities such as food and water.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/08/the-sky-is-falling-at-the-pnas/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson