Author Topic: New Biden State Dept. Hire Worked Directly With Chinese Communist Party Front Groups  (Read 333 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Biden State Dept. Hire Worked Directly With Chinese Communist Party Front Groups

Dylan Housman
Healthcare Reporter
October 06, 2022 3:13 PM ET

A new member of President Joe Biden’s State Department previously worked to build strong ties between Americans and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), the Washington Free Beacon first reported.

Nina Hachigian is currently serving in the newly created State Department position of “Special Representative for Subnational Diplomacy.” Hachigian will be tasked with developing the department’s ties with cities in the U.S. and abroad, but she previously worked with multiple groups to foster closer ties between the U.S. and China, according to the Free Beacon.

https://twitter.com/ChuckRossDC/status/1578019762294075392

While she was Deputy Mayor of Los Angeles, Hachigian worked with the president of the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries, a CCP influence cutout, on developing “exchange and cooperation” between the U.S. and China. She also worked at the liberal Center for American Progress, where she was part of the U.S. delegation at a “high-level dialogue” organized by the China-U.S. Exchange Foundation, another CCP-backed group, which proposed an “exchange of military personnel” with China.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/06/nina-hachigian-china-communist-party-state-department/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The People's Republic of China is neither the "People's" nor a "Republic".  That is just Commuinst Orwellian branding.

There are no private anything in the PRC - no private property, no private companies, and no personal rights.  Everyone and everything is property of the State.  "Businesses" are the means with which the Chi-coms can infultrate and subvert foreign nations in plain sight.  Every PRC-linked corporate entity is a potential agent or front for espioniage, subversion, and sabotage.

America needs to stop "doing business" with Communists.  We are selling them the rope they'll use to hang us.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline mountaineer

Just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Biden to ax Trump investigations of secret foreign money in higher ed, college groups say
Academic freedom group says the reported pledge looks like a "simple case of the chickens letting the fox manage the henhouse."
By Greg Piper
Updated: October 9, 2022 - 11:16pm

The Biden administration plans to shutter its predecessor's investigations into undisclosed foreign funding of U.S. colleges and universities, the subject of years of warnings from elected officials, law enforcement and academic freedom groups, according to higher education lobbyists.

The commitment was recorded in an August letter from a higher ed lobbyist recapping a June 23 virtual briefing by top Department of Education officials for the American Council on Education (ACE) and other university groups, including the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR), which includes medical centers and independent research institutes.

Section 117 of the Higher Education Act requires institutions of higher education to file disclosure reports twice yearly that document their gifts from, or contracts with, foreign sources that are valued at $250,000 or more individually or cumulatively within a calendar year.

Higher education groups are miffed at the department for "substantial expansion of Section 117 reporting requirements, similar to what was proposed" under the Trump administration, ACE Senior Vice President Terry Hartle told Office of the Under Secretary Chief of Staff Melanie Muenzer, General Counsel Lisa Brown and Office of Federal Student Aid COO Richard Cordray.

"We also remain concerned that ED continues to assert" that an institution's failure to report foreign gifts violates its "Program Participation Agreement" for federal student aid eligibility, Hartle wrote in the Aug. 16 letter recounting the meeting on behalf of the higher ed groups.

But they are "pleased to learn that ED plans to close the outstanding Section 117 investigations that remain open," he said. ...
Story at Just The News

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Democrats have been caught up to their eyeballs being in bed with known Communist agents.  People seem determined to give democrats acceptable excuses for open treason.  They ,people, do have the right to hang themselves and are doing a fine job.  If they want, i'll bring new rope!  You want it, have it!  Joes doing his best, re-elect him too!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions