Author Topic: Lt. Gov. complains Herschel Walker was forced on GOP by Trump  (Read 405 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lt. Gov. complains Herschel Walker was forced on GOP by Trump
« on: October 07, 2022, 01:50:16 pm »
Lt. Gov. complains Herschel Walker was forced on GOP by Trump
October 7, 2022 | Chris Donaldson

The vicious smear campaign that has been unleashed on Georgia Republican senatorial hopeful Herschel Walker has some in the party getting squeamish as Democrats and their operatives are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the former NFL star to torpedo his candidacy.

One of those already cutting and running on Walker is the Peach State’s Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan who, instead of digging in and defending his fellow Republican against the savagery of the left-wing slime machine, went on CNN to whine to Anderson Cooper, pre-blaming a potential loss on former President Donald J. Trump.

Battered by a relentless barrage of negative media stories, including one hit piece by The New York Times that suggested that he isn’t black enough, Walker was blindsided after the Daily Beast dug up an unnamed woman who claims that she was a former girlfriend of the legendary football hero and that he paid for her to have an abortion, an allegation that he has vehemently denied.

Duncan appeared on Thursday’s edition of “AC360” where he dissed Walker whom he said hasn’t “earned” his respect and bemoaned the fact that he’s even on the ballot, griping about Trump’s continued influence on the GOP.

“This has not as much to do about Herschel Walker as it does the process we went through here in Georgia to actually elect him,” Duncan said. “We didn’t ask who was the best leader. We didn’t ask who had the best resume. Unfortunately, Republicans looked around to see who Donald Trump supported and he was a famous football player, and so he became our nominee, and now we’re paying the price for that.”

Cooper responded, “And that’s why you think, that’s why Herschel Walker is in this race, because Republicans who decided to look for somebody who the former president supported, that was the main criteria?”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/10/07/lt-gov-complains-herschel-walker-was-forced-on-gop-by-trump-1293531/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Lt. Gov. complains Herschel Walker was forced on GOP by Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 01:52:18 pm »
A Republican who runs to CNN to whine probably isn't much of a Republican.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 02:15:26 pm »
Trump is only one person.  He can't do what he does with help from other people.  Trump's accomplices and enablers are the real danger.

Who'll be the next demagouge that the wet noodle Republicans hitch their wagons to?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 03:07:09 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 02:23:07 pm »
A Republican who runs to CNN to whine probably isn't much of a Republican.

I bet the guy was a Fredo Cuomo fan and watches him on his  new show at “Newsnation”.  Which was a ratings flop. It was so bad he was even beat by Spongebob Squarepants in a critical demographic.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 03:05:01 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING:  Tom Cotton to Rally with Walker in Georgia

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/06/exclusive-herschel-will-win-tom-cotton-rally-walker-against-democrat-warnock-georgia/

9:34 AM · Oct 7, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2022, 03:35:13 pm »
Well maybe you should have worked harder in the primary to get the other guy elected.

Now you go with the army you got. Cry about it after the election.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2022, 04:39:41 pm »
Silly. He won the primary. Were they brainwashed by Trump? Maybe closer to truth I guess.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2022, 10:03:46 pm »
I'm as much of a supporter of Mr. Trump as is anyone else here, but Mr. Duncan is absolutely right.

Walker was one of Mr. Trump's greatest blunders of his political career.

He should have known better.
BUT... so should have the Republican voters in Georgia who voted for this guy in the primary...