Author Topic: Zelensky calls for ‘preemptive strikes’ from NATO to keep Russia from using nukes  (Read 1034 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Zelensky calls for ‘preemptive strikes’ from NATO to keep Russia from using nukes
by Mike Brest, Defense Reporter |
October 06, 2022 06:10 PM

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky called on NATO to conduct “preemptive strikes” against Russian targets to prevent their use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine.

The president said these strikes “are needed so that [the Russians] know what awaits them if they use nuclear weapons” on Thursday during an event with the Australian think tank the Lowy Institute. “Not the other way around, waiting for Russia's nuclear strikes and then saying, 'Oh, you've done that, then get this.’”

NATO WARNS RUSSIA: PUTIN WOULD 'REGRET' ANY USE OF NUCLEAR WEAPONS

His comments come amid increased concern that Russian President Vladimir Putin could use a tactical nuclear weapon amid developments in the war out of his control and against his interests.

Russia is moving forward with the annexation of four regions in south and eastern Ukraine despite an outcry from the West that it's in violation of international law, and Putin has warned that Russia will view attacks on these regions as attacks against the Russian Federation.

During the annexation process, which included sham referendums that supposedly passed with overwhelming support, Putin continued to saber-rattle, threatening to use nuclear weapons — threats he has made throughout the war. Despite the concern, however, U.S. officials have reiterated as recently as this week that they have seen no reason to change their nuclear posture.

The administration announced new sanctions against Russian officials following the annexation, and national security adviser Jake Sullivan warned of "catastrophic consequences" should they launch a nuke, but they have been tight-lipped about what that response would include.

Dutch Adm. Rob Bauer, chairman of NATO’s military committee, warned earlier this week that Russia would "regret" it if they used a nuclear weapon, telling the Warsaw Security Forum, “The response will be such that the Russians will regret what they have done. And I think that is extremely important.”

He, like Sullivan, did not provide specifics on what a response could entail.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/zelensky-calls-for-preemptive-strikes-from-nato
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EdinVA

Online Kamaji

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh, Hell NO!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rustynail

Zelensky is a demon?

Offline The_Reader_David

No.  But we should authorize the Ukrainians to use NATO-supplied arms to hit any assets of the 12th Main Directorate of the Russian MoD (the part of the Russian military in charge of tactical nuclear weapons) if they come within range, even on the internationally recognized territory of the Russian Federation.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
STFU Zellinsky
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline art.prout

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ukraine Frantically Tries to Walk Back Zelensky Call for ‘Preemptive Strikes’ on Russia

The presidential press office of Ukraine accused global media outlets of “nuclear hysteria” on Thursday for sharing remarks made by President Volodymyr Zelensky in which he asked the world for “preemptive strikes” on Russia to avoid nuclear war.

Zelensky made the remarks during a question and answer session with the Lowy Institute, an Australian think tank, on Thursday, asserting that NATO had a responsibility to “make it impossible for Russia to use nuclear weapons.”

“Preemptive strikes are needed so that they know what awaits them if they use nuclear weapons. Not the other way around, waiting for Russia’s nuclear strikes and then saying, ‘oh, you’ve done that, then get this,'” Zelensky said, according to the Interfax news agency.

The comments are consistent with how Zelensky has discussed conflict generally in the past. The Ukrainian president expressed outrage last year following the decision by leftist President Joe Biden to lift sanctions on the Nordstream 2 pipeline project, which would have greatly increased Russia’s ability to sell natural gas to Europe. Zelensky insisted that sanctions prior to an invasion, not after the damage is done, were necessary.

“Sanctions are considered to be a preventive tool because they can be applied and then lifted. If there is an invasion by Russia, do you introduce powerful sanctions after we might have already lost several territories?” Zelensky asked in an interview with the Washington Post in January. “Once you introduce sanctions, what will Russia do?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/07/ukraine-frantically-tries-to-walk-back-zelensky-call-for-preemptive-strikes-on-russia/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Ukraine Frantically Tries to Walk Back Zelensky Call for ‘Preemptive Strikes’ on Russia

Anyone with any common sense since Day 1 knew that Zellinski was a POS opportunist, who is grandly profiting on our tax dollars.

Just another reason to tar/feather/rail the slime in DC who got royally duped.  I hope those here at TBR who defended him early on are taking note too.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 04:12:32 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

The presidential press office of Ukraine accused global media outlets of “nuclear hysteria” on Thursday for sharing remarks made by President Volodymyr Zelensky in which he asked the world for “preemptive strikes” on Russia to avoid nuclear war.

Zelensky made the remarks during a question and answer session with the Lowy Institute, an Australian think tank, on Thursday, asserting that NATO had a responsibility to “make it impossible for Russia to use nuclear weapons.”

“Preemptive strikes are needed so that they know what awaits them if they use nuclear weapons. Not the other way around, waiting for Russia’s nuclear strikes and then saying, ‘oh, you’ve done that, then get this,'” Zelensky said, according to the Interfax news agency.

The comments are consistent with how Zelensky has discussed conflict generally in the past. The Ukrainian president expressed outrage last year following the decision by leftist President Joe Biden to lift sanctions on the Nordstream 2 pipeline project, which would have greatly increased Russia’s ability to sell natural gas to Europe. Zelensky insisted that sanctions prior to an invasion, not after the damage is done, were necessary.

“Sanctions are considered to be a preventive tool because they can be applied and then lifted. If there is an invasion by Russia, do you introduce powerful sanctions after we might have already lost several territories?” Zelensky asked in an interview with the Washington Post in January. “Once you introduce sanctions, what will Russia do?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/07/ukraine-frantically-tries-to-walk-back-zelensky-call-for-preemptive-strikes-on-russia/
How do you walk back someone’s call to start WWIII?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
How do you walk back someone’s call to start WWIII?

And just think....  95% of our incompetent and corrupt legislators were in love with this guy.

Wonder how they are going to walk that back?

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And just think....  95% of our incompetent and corrupt legislators were in love with this guy.

Wonder how they are going to walk that back?
Walk it back, hell how many of them would be happy to have us in a war?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I am tired of this grifter. You aren't important enough Ukraine to risk nuclear war, and you don't need any more of our money.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Walk it back, hell how many of them would be happy to have us in a war?

Yep, and again more than ample reason to warm up the tar, rails, and pluck some chickens.

Online mountaineer

Dagny Taggart
@DagnyTaggart963
Zelensky in an interview with the BBC said that his words about preemptive strikes were "mistranslated" .
He says it to people of the West as people who can speak both Russian and Ukrainian there wasn’t misunderstanding, they are taking you for a fool .
2:59 PM · Oct 7, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org