Author Topic: US purchases $290 million of drug for use in radiological and nuclear emergencies  (Read 423 times)

Offline corbe

US purchases $290 million of drug for use in radiological and nuclear emergencies

BY JULIA MUELLER - 10/06/22 1:38 PM ET

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) says it has spent $290 million on a drug to treat radiation sickness in the event of a nuclear emergency.

The HHS Administration for Strategic Preparedness and Response announced in a Tuesday release that it bought the drug Nplate from Amgen USA Inc. “as part of long-standing, ongoing efforts to be better prepared to save lives following radiological and nuclear emergencies.”

Acute Radiation Syndrome, caused by exposure to a high dose of radiation, can cause a range of symptoms. Severe cases can wreak devastating effects on the body, including destruction of bone marrow and internal bleeding, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 

NPlate, which can be used for both adults and children, is aimed at reducing the uncontrolled bleeding often caused by radiation.

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3676691-us-purchases-290-million-of-drug-for-use-in-radiological-and-nuclear-emergencies/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

Pelosi and Hunter Biden must own a lot of Amgen stock.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Biden Admin just bought a huge ad buy to run Duck and Cover ads.  Trump is redoing the 1964 Goldwater Daisy ad.  Man it is just like my youth all over again.  I love it.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
The wonder of the utopian society, is rolling in, and undeniable, as the Biden lock-steppers have gotten their way. Demanding accountabilities from the whistleblowers, they now want no accountability for themselves.  The useful fool wicked of our generation are clear and easy to recognize now.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions