Author Topic: Paid Counsel for Illegal Aliens Fills the Morgues of Maverick County  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Paid Counsel for Illegal Aliens Fills the Morgues of Maverick County 

The ‘attractive nuisance’ the administration has created draws migrants to enter at their peril

By Andrew R. Arthur on October 4, 2022

KRGV — the ABC affiliate in Texas’ Rio Grande Valley (RGV) — reported recently that the morgues in Maverick County, Texas, are “running out of space” due to the number of migrants found dead on the Rio Grande at a rate of one body per day. Two weeks later, Fox News reported that the Biden administration has “awarded $41 million in taxpayer-backed government contracts to a new liberal nonprofit working to help illegal immigrants fight deportation amid the escalating border crisis”. There’s a lot tying those grants — and the administration’s border policies generally — to the morgues of Maverick County.

Refrigerated Trailers to Handle the Dead. Eagle Pass is the county seat of Maverick County, and KRGV quoted the town’s fire chief, Manuel Melo III, who explained his jurisdiction is recovering one migrant found dead daily, “approximately 30 a month”, although he admitted: “There were some days where we did recover six bodies.”

There is a lot in that one statement. First, if you have never been there, Maverick County at 1,287 square miles is big (about 20 percent larger than Rhode Island), but with a population of just over 58,000, is also sparsely populated. Nearly half of the county’s residents live in Eagle Pass, itself largely just a dusty outpost on the ride from Laredo to Del Rio.

It’s no wonder that, at a rate of one body per day, the local morgues (capacity: fewer than eight) are overwhelmed. As KRGV reports:

https://cis.org/Arthur/Paid-Counsel-Illegal-Aliens-Fills-Morgues-Maverick-County
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:41:19 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson