Author Topic: The Russians Blew Up Their Own Pipeline  (Read 3749 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: The Russians Blew Up Their Own Pipeline
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2022, 03:48:17 pm »
Believe the press about what? The state of Russia and their losses in their war against Ukraine?

I don't believe any of it, either way.

I don't believe that Putin suddenly turned into this power mad tyrant (as he is now painted). He's a seasoned politician, and had to be able to count the cost.

I don't believe Ukraine is the plucky democracy = It is a den of thieves, in it up to their eyebrows with the likes of Biden and Romney.

I don't know what's going on over there - but what is coming through our sainted press is bullcrap, end to end.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2022, 03:57:27 pm »
They had already turned off most of the gas flow for "maintenance" to punish Europe.

Another thing. If someone blew up their pipeline, not them, why aren't they having a fit about it?

@DB

It is NOT in the Soviet nature to admit they do not have total control. After all,doing so would admit they have failed.

Soviet Doctrine dictates that "The State is ALWAYS right and will never fail."

Putin and his dedicated communist associates admitting that the state is NOT all-powerful would be the equivalent of The Pope admitting that Jesus was not the son of God.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 03:59:21 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2022, 04:01:05 pm »
Serves multiple purposes:

- leverage a false flag operation for domestic or foreign propaganda
- make the Europeans' suffering worse for this Winter
- decrease global supply / increase global price

?????

How do you profit in a supply/demand fiancial scenario if you don't have the supply? 

If this was the case, Putin wouldn't have blown up his own pipeline.  Geeeeez!!!!

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2022, 04:16:23 pm »
Putin wasn't collecting 100% of the money for the gas because of sanctions.

Scarcity creates value.

Russian gas can still make its way to the European market via other pipelines, but now at a higher cost, through intermediaries, like Belarus and Hungary, against whom there are no monetary sanctions.  Russia sells gas to Belarus.  Belarus sells gas to Hungary.  Hungary sells gas to whomever.

Putin can now get the cash he needs bey laundering the natural gas money via non-sanctioned intermediaries.

What's the point of selling natural gas if you cannot collect and use the money?  Plus, Putin has the joy of watching Western Europe suffer.  It's a power trip.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 04:20:43 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2022, 04:26:13 pm »
I worked in the petrochemical industry 30 years.  Pipelines,and metering stations are HUGE capital outlays and infrastuctural costs.  You just don't kill that part of the asset base....  at least intentionally

Secondly...   You don't thetorically detroy 20% functionality of pipeline of your capacity for any reason due to flexibility and market condtions.  The Russians aren't that stupid.

The Russians...  at least their government did not destroy this pipeline
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2022, 04:27:38 pm »
I worked in the petrochemical industry 30 years.  Pipelines,and metering stations are HUGE capital outlays and infrastuctural costs.  You just don't kill that part of the asset base....  at least intentionally

Secondly...   You don't thetorically detroy 20% functionality of pipeline of your capacity for any reason due to flexibility and market condtions.  The Russians aren't that stupid.

That's very likely right.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2022, 04:32:14 pm »
That's if the driving motivator is money.

Putin's driving motivator is power.  Money is just another means to power.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2022, 04:49:06 pm »
?????

How do you profit in a supply/demand fiancial scenario if you don't have the supply? 

If this was the case, Putin wouldn't have blown up his own pipeline.  Geeeeez!!!!

@catfish1957

Well,the Russians will STILL have all that oil to pum in the future,and since when has the Soviet leadership given a squat about the suffering of the poor people? Isn't it the DUTY of poor people to suffer?

No matter what happens,THEY will still have their mansions heated,and plenty of diesel or gasoline for their Mercedes limo's that drive them back and forth to town to work.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2022, 04:52:19 pm »

@catfish1957

You  worked in a society where productions and profits matter.

Under the Soviet system,all that matters are results because the Oligarchs will NEVER suffer. After all,THEY own and control the Russian treasury,and they NEVER get fired.

Or elected in an actual election.

Offline art.prout

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2022, 05:28:22 pm »

I don't believe that Putin suddenly turned into this power mad tyrant (as he is now painted). He's a seasoned politician, and had to be able to count the cost.

I don't believe Ukraine is the plucky democracy = It is a den of thieves, in it up to their eyebrows with the likes of Biden and Romney.

I don't know what's going on over there - but what is coming through our sainted press is bullcrap, end to end.

Exactly right, all of it.

:yowsa:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2022, 05:32:09 pm »
Exactly right, all of it.

:yowsa:

Yep! Every word!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DB

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2022, 05:46:37 pm »

Putin has a long history of being a mob boss. All his opposition dies. He's fantastically wealthy and has never run a business - what is more corrupt than that? He laid waste to Chechnya among others. He's repeatedly ventured westward trying to restore the "glory" of empire past. He severely miscalculated trying to take Ukraine. No one forced him to invade. Putin has been the aggressor throughout. Those are the facts that matter - regardless of what the media says.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2022, 07:32:26 pm »
Putin has a long history of being a mob boss. All his opposition dies. He's fantastically wealthy and has never run a business - what is more corrupt than that? He laid waste to Chechnya among others. He's repeatedly ventured westward trying to restore the "glory" of empire past. He severely miscalculated trying to take Ukraine. No one forced him to invade. Putin has been the aggressor throughout. Those are the facts that matter - regardless of what the media says.

He'd have to be an idiot - I mean stick-your-d*ck-in-a-wood-chipper idiot.

Pretty much can't be both evil mastermind and effin idiot at the same time.  :shrug:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2022, 07:37:01 pm »
The areas where the alleged explosions took place was in proximity to Russian Kaliningrad Oblast on the Baltic Sea.

Denying Western Europe natural gas via Norstream pipelines reduces the ROI of any regime change scheme.

Weakening his enemies strengthens Putin's power relative to Western Europe.

Putin needs Germany and France to put pressure on NATO to do whatever is necessary to turn the supply of Russian natural gas back on.

A cold, harsh Western European Winter is Putin's 2nd best ally, next to time.

The Russians can always steal money or counterfeit foreign currency.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 07:39:10 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2022, 07:41:22 pm »
The areas where the alleged explosions took place was in proximity to Russian Kaliningrad Oblast on the Baltic Sea.

Denying Western Europe natural gas via Norstream pipelines reduces the ROI of any regime change scheme.

Weakening his enemies strengthens Putin's power relative to Western Europe.

Putin needs Germany and France to put pressure on NATO to do whatever is necessary to turn the supply of Russian natural gas back on.

A cold, harsh Western European Winter is Putin's 2nd best ally, next to time.

The Russians can always steal money or counterfeit foreign currency.

That would sound right if he had just shut off the valves.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2022, 07:48:05 pm »
It could also be a Sicilian message to NATO that their underwater energy and telecommunications assets are vulnerable to Russian attack.

The explosions were just outside NATO waters, and the Russians have extensively mapped the West's underwater infrastructure.

The fear with proposed Russian war games off Ireland was that it was a cover for Russian malfeasence upon underwater communications cables in that area.

Putin is more likely to attack NATO assymetrically than head on.

Offline DB

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2022, 10:23:21 pm »
That would sound right if he had just shut off the valves.

Close the valve and only Russia is to blame for Europe's coming winter. This is a great excuse to get the same result without taking the blame. Even better, point fingers at the US for Europe's coming misery.

Offline DB

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2022, 10:29:16 pm »

Pretty much can't be both evil mastermind and effin idiot at the same time.  :shrug:

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

I think it is most likely that Putin believed his own PR on the Russian military's capabilities against modern weapons. Invading with tanks was monumentally stupid. He thought it would be over in a few days.

It wasn't.

So yes, it was extremely stupid. Sometimes it takes really smart people to do some extremely dumb things that only they can theorize why it was a good idea.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2022, 10:39:27 pm »
sneakypete wrote:
"Under the Soviet system,all that matters are results because the Oligarchs will NEVER suffer. After all,THEY own and control the Russian treasury,and they NEVER get fired."

You're still fightin' the Cold War and the Vietnam war, Pete.

Soviet communism ended back around Christmas Day, 1991, as I recall.

That doesn't mean that a [good-sized] number of "old-line communists" remain, in and out of government.

But outfits such as Gazprom are "in it for the money ... profit"... even if the government still gets its share, too.

These days, the powers-that-be are more like those of the czar era, than of the politburo.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2022, 12:14:31 am »

@roamer_1

Why?

Ever heard of a guy named Stalin?

How about a guy named "Hitler"?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2022, 12:17:54 am »
sneakypete wrote:
"Under the Soviet system,all that matters are results because the Oligarchs will NEVER suffer. After all,THEY own and control the Russian treasury,and they NEVER get fired."

That doesn't mean that a [good-sized] number of "old-line communists" remain, in and out of government.

But outfits such as Gazprom are "in it for the money ... profit"... even if the government still gets its share, too.

These days, the powers-that-be are more like those of the czar era, than of the politburo.

@Fishrrman

Yeah,it was in ALL the papers and on all the tb stations,

Surely your newspaper and tv station wouldn't lie to you,would they?

You are right to not  believe your lying eyes.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2022, 06:35:07 am »
sneakypete wrote:

Communism has never been so healthy as it has since it was declared "dead".

Because it was "dead" its proponents could repackage any and all aspects of it and sell them to naive students in the west--which they have been doing for two generations now. A little media infiltration and load up the education establishment, the whole philosophy can be sold under a new name and "Communism" is no longer the rally point for resistance against it--because it is "dead".
Look up from the monitor (media).
Just because someone ripped the leads off, it doesn't mean the patient flatlined.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2022, 08:20:47 am »

Why?

@sneakypete
Start with moving heavy machinery during spring breakup. Utterly asinine.
You don't do that unless you're desperate, and as a military guy, he knows it.

But he does it anyway? Really? And his whole plan is committed to getting those troops and heavy machinery in place... Totally rookie dumass mistake.

Ask why about that.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 08:22:23 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2022, 08:37:10 am »
If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck...

It don't. that's the problem. I cannot suspend disbelief. Hence the media's narrative does not work, at least on me.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2022, 01:44:00 pm »
Communism has never been so healthy as it has since it was declared "dead".

Because it was "dead" its proponents could repackage any and all aspects of it and sell them to naive students in the west--which they have been doing for two generations now. A little media infiltration and load up the education establishment, the whole philosophy can be sold under a new name and "Communism" is no longer the rally point for resistance against it--because it is "dead".
Look up from the monitor (media).
Just because someone ripped the leads off, it doesn't mean the patient flatlined.

:yowsa: All true!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien