Author Topic: The Russians Blew Up Their Own Pipeline  (Read 3773 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Russians Blew Up Their Own Pipeline
« on: October 06, 2022, 04:23:52 pm »
The Russians Blew Up Their Own Pipeline
The off-ramps to this intractable conflict are closing. The next phase of this terrible war is underway.
By Brandon J. Weichert
October 5, 2022

Another mystery in the already bizarre Russo-Ukraine War has unfolded. The Nord Stream 1 and 2 pipelines that link Russian natural gas to Germany and the rest of Europe via the Baltic Sea suffered several mysterious, underwater detonations at key points. It is a horrific ecological disaster. What’s more, the mystery surrounding it has sparked a raging debate on both sides of the Atlantic.

Who did this? As with so many mysteries, we must first ask, “Cui bono?”

Some Theories

Some observers, such as Stephen Bryen and his wife, Shoshana, speculate that it might have been poor Russian management of the pipeline—a workplace accident, in other words—that caused the problem. After all, Russia is the same country that brought us such disasters as Chernobyl. Since we do not know for certain what has occurred (and likely never will), it’s easy to theorize about what may have happened.

Members of the New Right, such as Tucker Carlson, argue that it had to have been U.S. intelligence, acting in conjunction with European allies, such as Poland, Denmark, or Sweden (or all of them). The former right-wing Polish Prime Minister, Radek Sikorski, who rarely agrees with Tucker Carlson or the New Right, publicly applauded on Twitter what he claimed was a covert U.S. intelligence operation to destroy the pipeline. Interestingly, Sikorski deleted the tweet soon thereafter. Meanwhile, social media accounts have started sharing strange tidbits of information related to covert U.S. Navy movements in the Baltic Sea that might underscore this bizarre claim.

Still others I know in Europe and who share affiliations with Europe’s right-leaning political parties insist that only a secret NATO operation could carry out such an act. Why, they ask with incredulity, would the Russians blow up their own pipeline?

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/10/05/the-russians-blew-up-their-own-pipeline/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: The Russians Blew Up Their Own Pipeline
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 04:42:36 pm »
That line of thinking doesn't make any sense.

Who profits?

I would say Davos.

Online DB

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 05:08:36 pm »
   It seems plausible to me, but it wasn't intentional.  Due to shoddy construction and/or maintenance, which they were responsible for.....ie Chernobyl.

https://thelawdogfiles.com/2022/09/nordstream.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2022, 06:14:51 pm »
   It seems plausible to me, but it wasn't intentional.  Due to shoddy construction and/or maintenance, which they were responsible for.....ie Chernobyl.

Apparently there is evidence that explosives were used.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2022, 07:29:39 pm »

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2022, 07:30:51 pm »
Jan 27, 2022:

"@UnderSecState P:  Victoria Nuland: “If Russia invades Ukraine, one way or another, Nord Stream 2 will not move forward.” (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/StateDept/status/1486818088016355336

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2022, 07:32:02 pm »
"Biden: "If Russia invades...then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2."

Reporter: "But how will you do that, it's in germany's control?"

Biden: "I promise you, we will be able to do that."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/Partisangirl/status/1574685985115607040

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2022, 07:33:49 pm »
"US @SecBlinken offers motive for #NordStream's destruction: "A tremendous opportunity to remove the dependence on Russian energy." (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/snarwani/status/1576562482155761668

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2022, 07:37:06 pm »
Serves multiple purposes:

- leverage a false flag operation for domestic or foreign propaganda
- make the Europeans' suffering worse for this Winter
- decrease global supply / increase global price

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2022, 08:21:07 pm »
Putin is a heavy hitter AGAINST globalism.

Again, who profits?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2022, 08:22:38 pm »

Rule #39

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 09:06:23 pm »
Who really believes they did this to themselves, now of all times?  We had a call with our office in Frankfurt this morning --- they thanked us for blowing up the pipeline, and requested space heaters.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2022, 01:19:38 am »
That line of thinking doesn't make any sense.

Who profits?

I would say Davos.
Top players make money on everything.

But if Russia can blame NATO or the US for the misery this winter will bring Europe, while proclaiming that they could have brought /can bring relief, it may fracture the present solidarity aimed at Russia by the rest of Europe and allies.

If Europeans can blame the US, all the better from the Russian viewpoint, despite half their problems being their own energy policies.

It would be easiest, logistically, for the Russians to do the job. Shoot a pig with a load of high explosives and a timer...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2022, 01:48:08 am »
 :thumbsup:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DB

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2022, 01:50:04 am »

But if Russia can blame NATO or the US for the misery this winter will bring Europe, while proclaiming that they could have brought /can bring relief, it may fracture the present solidarity aimed at Russia by the rest of Europe and allies.

If Europeans can blame the US, all the better from the Russian viewpoint, despite half their problems being their own energy policies.

It would be easiest, logistically, for the Russians to do the job. Shoot a pig with a load of high explosives and a timer...

If the explosion came from within the pipe it should show.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2022, 01:53:45 am »
If the explosion came from within the pipe it should show.
You would think so. Remember, the pipeline is encased in concrete, and blowing up a pipe inside that concrete would be difficult. The concrete would absorb and transmit a lot of that shock wave being blown away from the pipe. That would take a two part explosion, and the second to destroy the pipe. From inside the pipe, breaching the pipe and its shell would be a simpler matter.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2022, 02:28:07 am »

All good thinking... Except for the money they are not going to be able to make from those pipelines... And they need money.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2022, 02:35:13 am »
All good thinking... Except for the money they are not going to be able to make from those pipelines... And they need money.
They will still get it, but remember Commies play the long game. Alienating the US from Europe (especially cold and hungry Europe) will pay long term dividends that will be multiples of what they would have made this winter. They will, if the alienation works, continue to advocate from within in the countries involved for the 'green renewable' solution, all the while building overland pipelines to sell gas later (at even higher prices).

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 02:50:47 am »

They had already turned off most of the gas flow for "maintenance" to punish Europe.

Another thing. If someone blew up their pipeline, not them, why aren't they having a fit about it?

Offline art.prout

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2022, 02:58:38 am »

Again, who profits?

888high58888

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2022, 03:14:45 am »
A destabilized Europe makes for easy pickins....

Online DB

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2022, 03:15:23 am »

Again, who profits?

China, Iran and North Korea are also against globalism. How does that make a case for Putin? And as far as a "heavy hitter", Russia's GDP is 5% of the US's and they're busy committing suicide in Ukraine right now. Russia went all in and Ukraine called their bet with the help of the west.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2022, 05:21:56 am »
China, Iran and North Korea are also against globalism. How does that make a case for Putin? And as far as a "heavy hitter", Russia's GDP is 5% of the US's and they're busy committing suicide in Ukraine right now. Russia went all in and Ukraine called their bet with the help of the west.

OK... If you believe the press. I do not.

Online DB

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2022, 03:13:31 pm »
OK... If you believe the press. I do not.

Believe the press about what? The state of Russia and their losses in their war against Ukraine?