Author Topic: Laredo Sector Border Patrol halts several smuggling attempts at various checkpoints  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Newsroom
 Laredo Sector Border Patrol halts several smuggling attempts at various checkpoints

Release Date Thu, 10/06/2022 - 12:00
LAREDO, Texas – Laredo Sector Border Patrol halted several smuggling attempts at various Border Patrol checkpoints.

The first incident occurred on September 29, when a white pickup truck hauling a flatbed trailer approached the primary inspection lane at the U.S. Highway 59 checkpoint located in Freer, Texas. A Service canine alerted agents, subsequently the driver was referred to secondary.  After further inspection, Border Patrol agents discovered a false compartment within the flatbed trailer, gained access, and discovered 17 undocumented individuals.  All the individuals were from the country of Mexico.   The driver, a U.S. citizen, was taken into Border Patrol custody and all the undocumented individuals will be processed accordingly.

Later that day, at the I-35 checkpoint, Border Patrol agents encountered a black sedan at the primary inspection lane. A Service canine alerted agents and the driver was referred to secondary inspection. Agents found a false compartment and subsequently discovered pills that were placed in bags. The pills tested positive for Fentanyl.  The case was turned over to DEA. 

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/local-media-release/laredo-sector-border-patrol-halts-several-smuggling-attempts-various
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:11:11 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Title and presumption:
"Laredo Sector Border Patrol halts several smuggling attempts at various checkpoints..."

and further states:
"Border Patrol agents discovered a false compartment within the flatbed trailer, gained access, and discovered 17 undocumented individuals.  All the individuals were from the country of Mexico.   The driver, a U.S. citizen, was taken into Border Patrol custody and all the undocumented individuals will be processed accordingly."

Please... I'm a dumb guy... but... what was "halted" here?
The illegals are now IN the US, and being "processed".
Wasn't that their goal in the first place?