Author Topic: Biden Admin Promises Legal ‘Response’ After Court Declares DACA Illegal  (Read 213 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden Admin Promises Legal ‘Response’ After Court Declares DACA Illegal

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
October 06, 2022
11:19 AM ET
FONT SIZE:

The Biden administration says it will take legal action after a court declared Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) illegal Wednesday.

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals’ ruling “deeply disappointed” Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, who said his department will work with the Department of Justice (DOJ) to devise an “appropriate legal response.” The case will go back to a lower court while nearly 600,000 DACA recipients currently in the U.S. will be able to remain in the program. 

“The Department of Justice respectfully disagrees with the decision and will continue to vigorously defend the lawfulness of DACA as this case proceeds,” DOJ spokesperson Dena Iverson told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/06/daca-biden-obama-immigration/?utm_source=piano&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking&pnespid=7aY4Ui1JZa0Qi.Pa_22kEJGcugCrD5J8Lujl3ulr8BpmxIkJQrgr4HtrzB32Y.QnnY4loZwo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 03:58:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Quote from: rangerrebew link=topic=481832.msg2718910#msg2718910   
“The Department of Justice respectfully disagrees with the decision   
[/quote

When it comes to politics, this administration does nothing respectfully, only hatefully. :reaper:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson