Author Topic: Walker cites mental health battle in new ad amid fallout from allegations  (Read 2538 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Walker cites mental health battle in new ad amid fallout from allegations
by Julia Mueller - 10/05/22 4:42 PM ET

Georgia Republican Senate nominee Herschel Walker discusses his past battle with mental health in an ad released Wednesday amid fallout over allegations that the GOP candidate paid for a former girlfriend’s abortion.

“As everyone knows, I had a real battle with mental health. I even wrote a book about it. And by the grace of God, I’ve overcome it,” Walker says in the ad, referencing his 2008 memoir “Breaking Free: My Life with Dissociative Identity Disorder.”

The former football star was diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder “as a result of trauma he experienced in childhood,” according to his campaign site.

The ad released Wednesday is Walker’s first since The Daily Beast reported earlier this week that Walker, who has campaigned as an opponent of abortion, encouraged a then-girlfriend to get an abortion in 2009 and reimbursed her.

The Hill has not independently verified the report, and the Senate candidate has vehemently denied the allegations.

In the new ad, called “Grace,” Walker knocks his Democratic opponent, Sen. Raphael Warnock, accusing him of “running a nasty, dishonest campaign” and asserting that the Democrat “doesn’t even believe in redemption.” Walker concludes by saying he has been “saved by grace.”

Walker, who is running on a “conservative family values” platform that is “pro-life and pro-family,” dropped behind Warnock in an InsiderAdvantage-Fox 5 poll conducted a day after the allegations were published, stoking Republicans’ concerns about the already tight Georgia race.

The Republican Party has closed rank to defend Walker after the report, while accusing the media of stirring the pot five weeks out from the election.

Former President Trump issued a statement Tuesday saying Walker “is being slandered and maligned by the Fake News Media and obviously, the Democrats.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3675332-walker-cites-mental-health-battle-in-new-ad-amid-fallout-from-allegations/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 ***suicide***

Herschel Walker's son launches another attack on father after secret abortion claim
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
October 06, 2022 08:42 AM

Christian Walker, the son of Georgia GOP Senate candidate Herschel Walker, has fired off the latest attack on his father amid allegations that he paid for a woman to have an abortion after the pair conceived a child while dating in 2009.

Herschel Walker has continued to deny the reports, arguing he doesn’t know the woman who says she was paid to have the procedure. However, the woman fired back, telling the Daily Beast on Wednesday that the pair had another child together, prompting Christian Walker to offer his latest criticism toward his father.

“Wear a condom, damn,” Christian Walker said in a tweet.

Christian Walker has unleashed a number of tweets to his thousands of followers in the days following the initial report, accusing his father of “lying and making a mockery” of him and his mother.

Herschel Walker, who hopes to unseat Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA) in November, denied the report and has vowed to sue the Daily Beast, which originally published the abortion story. Although the outlet did not name the woman, it reported that Herschel Walker knew her despite his claims that he didn’t.

This prompted the woman, still under anonymity, to speak with the outlet again, claiming she is the mother of one of Herschel Walker’s three sons who he has previously acknowledged having out of wedlock.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/herschel-walker-son-launches-attack-after-secret-abortion-claim
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well I think we just lost any chance of getting this seat...the hits just keep coming and Walker is a weak candidate on top of it.. 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline Idiot

Well I think we just lost any chance of getting this seat...the hits just keep coming and Walker is a weak candidate on top of it.. 9999hair out0000
Yup...he's self destructing...

Offline LMAO

Warnock should be on bended knee praising  Jesus for his good fortune that Herschel Walker is his challenger
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

Warnock should be on bended knee praising  Jesus for his good fortune that Herschel Walker is his challenger
and thanking Trump
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

I still think Herschel will win.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

I still think Herschel will win.

It’ll be a miracle.

But I didn’t believe Trump would win in 2016 and he won so who knows

Barry Goldwater

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive – ‘Herschel Will Win’: Tom Cotton to Rally with Walker Against Democrat Warnock in Georgia

Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR) is not backing down from supporting the GOP nominee for U.S. Senate in Georgia, retired NFL star running back Herschel Walker, in the wake of media attacks on the candidate.

In fact, Cotton is doubling down in his support: The senator confirmed to Breitbart News on Thursday that next week he will hit the campaign trail in Georgia to hold a rally with Walker just weeks ahead of the Nov. 8 general election where Walker faces Democrat incumbent Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-GA).

“Hershel Walker will be a champion for Georgia,” Cotton told Breitbart News. “He’ll vote to keep violent criminals in jail, for lower gas prices, and to stop Biden’s inflationary policies. I’m all in to help Hershel Walker get to the Senate so he can fight for Georgia.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/06/exclusive-herschel-will-win-tom-cotton-rally-walker-against-democrat-warnock-georgia/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Herschel Walker Down 12 Points In Latest Georgia Senate Poll

Arjun Singh
Contributor
October 06, 2022 1:44 PM ET

Republican Senate candidate Herschel Walker trails incumbent Democratic Sen. Raphael Warnock of Georgia by double digits amidst a scandal over him allegedly paying for an ex-girlfriend’s abortion, per a new poll released on Wednesday.

Walker polled 38% support compared to 50% for Warnock, according to SurveyUSA, which conducted the poll for 11Alive News in Atlanta. Should Warnock gain even one vote more than 50% in November’s election, it would be enough to beat Walker outright and avoid a runoff election against him later in the year.

Walker has faced heavy scrutiny this week after The Daily Beast published a story about a woman who claims that Walker persuaded her to abort a pregnancy they conceived in 2009. During the ongoing campaign, Walker has called himself “100% pro-life” with no exceptions.

The poll was conducted between Sept. 30 and Oct. 4, with The Beast’s story being published on Oct. 3.

The story referred to a card sent to the woman that Walker had allegedly signed and a $575 receipt from the abortion clinic, which was not published. The Beast later reported that Walker had fathered a child with the woman, though Walker has denied both allegations.

“This is a flat-out lie – and I deny this in the strongest possible terms,” wrote Walker on Twitter, calling the story the “latest Democrat attack.” He accused the story’s author, Roger Sollenberger, of having “obsessively attacked my family.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/10/06/herschel-walker-down-12-points-georgia-senate/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 6, 2022 7:18pm EDT
New York Times columnist calls Herschel Walker's son a 'nasty piece of work'
Columnist Charles Blow said if Christian Walker was 'truly offended by lies' he would have denounced former President Trump

By Joe Silverstein | Fox News

New York Times columnist Charles Blow penned a Wednesday column calling Christian Walker, son of Georgia Republican Senate nominee Herschel Walker, a "nasty piece of work."

The column, titled "Herschel Walker’s Son Is No Hero," lambasted the 23-year-old Walker and argued that he should not be held in high regard by the public.

"This week, Herschel Walker’s 23-year-old son, Christian Walker, took a starring role in the elder Walker’s Georgia Senate campaign — to burn it to the ground," Blow wrote.

Blow described football legend Herschel Walker as "the anti-Colin Kaepernick" and insulted his intelligence.

"A Black football player who wouldn’t resist but acquiesce, one who wouldn’t campaign for Black lives but against them, one who wasn’t articulate and principled but unintelligible and fraudulent," he wrote. "Herschel helped give cover for Trump’s racism in the heat of his re-election bid, so Trump rewarded him by supporting him for Senate."

Earlier this week, a report alleged that in 2009, Herschel Walker pushed for a former girlfriend to get an abortion after she became pregnant while they were dating. The Daily Beast report also said he reimbursed her $700 for the procedure, with the former girlfriend claiming she has a bank receipt and a "get well" card from Walker. Walker denied the report in an interview on Fox News.

"It is a flat-out lie, and now you know how important this seat is," Walker said on Fox News’ "Hannity" on Monday night.

Shortly after the report, Herschel's son Christian blasted his father on social media.

"I know my mom and I would really appreciate if my father Herschel Walker stopped lying and making a mockery of us," Christian Walker tweeted. "You’re not a ‘family man’ when you left us to bang a bunch of women, threatened to kill us, and had us move over 6 times in 6 months running from your violence."

Christian Walker continued to comment on the matter by accusing his father of lying and living a "life of destroying other people's lives."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyt-columnist-calls-herschel-walkers-son-nasty-piece-work

Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

BREAKING:  Tom Cotton to Rally with Walker in Georgia

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/06/exclusive-herschel-will-win-tom-cotton-rally-walker-against-democrat-warnock-georgia/

9:34 AM · Oct 7, 2022  Twitter Web App

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Walker is done.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Walker cites mental health battle in new ad amid fallout from allegations"

And the hits just keep on coming...!!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Woman at center of Walker controversy says he urged her to have second abortion
by Jared Gans - 10/07/22 5:55 PM ET

The woman who has said that Republican Georgia Senate candidate Herschel Walker reimbursed her for an abortion she had in 2009 told The New York Times that Walker also urged her to get a second abortion two years later.

The Times reported Friday that the woman, who remained anonymous, said she decided to go through with the pregnancy, and that Walker has barely been involved in her son’s life.

The Daily Beast reported on Monday that Walker reimbursed his then-girlfriend for an abortion, and the woman provided receipts for the procedure she received, the check Walker wrote and a get-well card he sent.

The outlet later reported that the woman became the mother of one of Walker’s children after she had a child they conceived years later. The woman told the Daily Beast previously that Walker had told her during the second pregnancy that it was not a “convenient” time for her to have child but elaborated to the Times that he urged her to get an abortion again.

The Times reported that they ended their relationship after she refused to get the procedure again.

The Hill has reached out to Walker’s campaign for comment.

Walker has denied the allegations and said he does not know who the woman is.

The former football star has faced accusations of hypocrisy, as he is running against Sen. Raphael Warnock (D) on a platform staunchly opposed to abortion, not supporting any exceptions for rape, incest or protecting the health of the pregnant parent.

Most polls have shown Walker and Warnock locked in a tight race, with Warnock leading by a couple points on average. The winner of the seat could be key to determining which party controls the majority in the Senate after the November midterm elections.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3678596-woman-at-center-of-walker-controversy-says-he-urged-her-to-have-second-abortion/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maybe this woman needs to keep her legs closed or Walker use a condom... :smokin:

He's toast!...hell I wouldn't vote for him!
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Here we go again!  Same old shit over and over again! We never learn!
Herman Cain, Roy Moore, and a host of others! WE are so F'n stupid!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:31:22 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Remember Tom Eagleton?

He's a blast from the past who tried to peddle his mental health issues as acceptable to the electorate.

With...not so great results.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 11:58:29 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Remember Tom Eagleton?

He's a blast from the past who tried to peddle his mental health issues as acceptable to the electorate.

With...not so great results.

that is a blast from the past...that was the end of his career...
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
that is a blast from the past...that was the end of his career...

Yes, and why I think Walker is finished.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

The former football star has faced accusations of hypocrisy

Oddly, there is no hypocrisy in a Baptist minister supporting unrestricted abortion in the 38th week of pregnancy.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Maybe this woman needs to keep her legs closed or Walker use a condom... :smokin:

You are sure the story is true?

Offline Idiot

Yes, and why I think Walker is finished.
Hmmmm...Walker or the leftist demo....
I'd vote walker.

Offline Idiot

Let's be totally honest here.  Morally speaking Trump wasn't much better.  There are no perfect people and no perfect candidates.  If that's what a voter is looking for, then they'll never find it.