Author Topic: Carbon Offsets: Want to Get Sued? (greenwashing as illegality)  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Carbon Offsets: Want to Get Sued? (greenwashing as illegality)
« on: October 06, 2022, 01:51:15 pm »
Carbon Offsets: Want to Get Sued? (greenwashing as illegality)
By Robert Bradley Jr. -- October 5, 2022
“ClientEarth lawyers have developed a legal briefing that unpacks the problems with carbon offsets and why businesses relying on them should prepare for legal action.”

“… ‘quality’ in the unregulated carbon credit market can be hard to come by, and harder still to verify…. Another issue is there simply isn’t enough room on the planet to plant the number of trees needed … without harming food supply.”

A recent article in ClientEarth, Why carbon offsets don’t work, and the legal risks of marketing them, should send chills down the spine of corporations (and others) that are trying to be “green” despite their natural dependence on fossil fuels. The charge? … “so-called carbon ‘offsets’ hide a massive climate problem and pose a significant legal risk to the companies marketing them.”

The September 30th article begins:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/05/carbon-offsets-want-to-get-sued-greenwashing-as-illegality/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson