Author Topic: The New Pause Lengthens to 8 Years  (Read 285 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The New Pause Lengthens to 8 Years
« on: October 06, 2022, 01:40:07 pm »
HIATUS IN GLOBAL WARMING
The New Pause Lengthens to 8 Years
8 hours ago Guest Blogger 41 Comments
By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

The New Pause, having paused a month ago, has now lengthened again: this time to exactly eight years. As always, the Pause is calculated as the longest period for which the least-squares linear-regression trend up to the most recent month for which the UAH global mean surface temperature anomaly is available is zero.

The trend on the entire dataset during the 526 months from December 1978 to September 2022 is 0.95 C°, equivalent to only 1.34 C°/century. So slow a rate of warming is well within the natural variability of the climate, and is proving net-beneficial.

The New Pause has grown to fully eight years in length at a most embarrassing point for true-believers: for the cost to the West of the economically suicidal policies that they have long advocated is now becoming all too painfully apparent, just as it is also ever more evident that the warming since 1990 is well below half the midrange prediction made by IPCC that year.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2022/10/05/the-new-pause-lengthens-to-8-years/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

Re: The New Pause Lengthens to 8 Years
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 01:58:53 pm »
All this pain and misery in Europe (and coming to America soon). And for what? An unproven theory, an irrational fear the world will come to an end if the industrialized world doesn’t switch immediately to “renewable”. At its core, an absurd claim.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 02:02:21 pm »
The trend on the entire dataset during the 526 months from December 1978 to September 2022 is 0.95 C°, equivalent to only 1.34 C°/century. So slow a rate of warming is well within the natural variability of the climate, and is proving net-beneficial.

... And well within whatever margin of error, no doubt.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022, 02:09:28 pm »
All this pain and misery in Europe (and coming to America soon). And for what? An unproven theory, an irrational fear the world will come to an end if the industrialized world doesn’t switch immediately to “renewable”. At its core, an absurd claim.

An aside, but I occasionally run into a chick on Youtube - 'Survivor Lilly' - An Austrian... Her last couple vlog posts have been enlightening. People are already stealing firewood from the woods... A few shades different from mere 'trouble'.

I was going to post them, but couldn't figure out where. We're tracking Ukraine, and here, but not Europe so much.