Author Topic: The Pentagon set 18 diversity goals in 2011. It’s fulfilled 6 of them.  (Read 258 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Pentagon set 18 diversity goals in 2011. It’s fulfilled 6 of them.
By Meghann Myers
 Oct 5, 12:25 PM

The Pentagon has fallen far short of implementing a decade-old diversity plan. (1st Lt. Annabel Monroe/Air Force)

Back in 2011, the Defense Department’s issued a report with 18 recommendations for how the military could improve diversity, equity and inclusion across the services, with a five-year Department of Defense Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan. More than a decade later, just six of those recommendations have been implemented, according to an inspector general report released Tuesday.

The issue is mainly that while the report laid out a wish list, it didn’t include concrete road maps or an oversight plan, so the Pentagon simply didn’t do anything it didn’t feel like doing. It’s unfortunately not uncommon for the military to set policy but not create a mechanism to enforce it.

“As a result of not fully addressing the Strategic Plan’s three goals, the DoD may not be meeting the intent of the Strategic Plan, which is to encourage commitment and incorporate diversity and inclusion initiatives unique to each Service,” according to the report.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/2022/10/05/the-pentagon-set-18-diversity-goals-in-2011-its-fulfilled-6-of-them/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_militarytimesonline
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Pentagon set 18 diversity goals in 2011. It’s fulfilled 6 of them.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 12:01:45 pm »
There's nothing like a strong sense of urgency to spur major plans along.  Unfortunately, the military doesn't know what that is. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2022, 12:06:34 pm »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2022, 03:25:43 pm »
This fits into the diversity plan, somehow. I think.
     Oct 10, 2022
Biden admin requires trans women to register for draft if they were born male
"US citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register. Individuals who are born female and changed their gender to male are not required to register."
Libby Emmons

The Biden administration's requirements for who must register for Selective Service in the event that there is a draft includes those persons that identify as trangender but are born male. "Almost all male US citizens and male immigrants, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service," and that includes males who identify as transgender.

"US citizens or immigrants who are born male and changed their gender to female are still required to register. Individuals who are born female and changed their gender to male are not required to register," reads the guidance on requirements from the Selective Service System.

As soon as Biden took office, he enacted an executive order, one of many, that said that those who identify as transgender should be treated by the military according to their gender identity and not according to their biological sex. This could mean that those transgender males who identify as women would serve alongside women, in women's units, in the event that they were called up by Selective Service.

The way that the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) defines transgender is "people whose gender identity and/or expression is different from the sex assigned to them at birth (e.g. the sex listed on an original birth certificate)." In several states, people can legally change their original birth certificate to align with their gender identity and not their actual sex. ...
Full story at Post Millennial

:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org