Author Topic: Preliminary FARE kit test on KC-135  (Read 180 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Preliminary FARE kit test on KC-135
« on: October 06, 2022, 11:23:40 am »
Preliminary FARE kit test on KC-135

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve Test Center (AATC) - KC-135 Test Detachment, working with the 151st Air Refueling Wing, Salt Lake City, Utah, continues its transformation and modernization efforts on the KC-135R Stratotanker by testing the MICRO Forward Area Refueling Equipment (FARE) Kit on the 65-year-old aircraft, ensuring it has the best warfighting capabilities.

The MICRO FARE kit is designed to refuel aircraft or ground vehicles at forward operating locations where typical refueling capabilities do not exist. It has been used on multiple aircraft such as the CH-47 Chinook helicopter and the C-130 Hercules to provide fuel in austere environments. This is the first time it will be tested for certification and use for the KC-135R.

"This kit will allow aircrew and maintenance personnel to be capable of refueling the aircraft for virtually any possible fuel source and get it off the ground in a time sensitive and degraded infrastructure environment," said Master Sgt. Robert McFadden, 151st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron KC-135R crew chief. "Having this asset on the aircraft will ensure refueling capabilities are available wherever the KC-135 operates."

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/430568/preliminary-fare-kit-test-kc-135 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 11:26:46 am by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Preliminary FARE kit test on KC-135
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2022, 11:28:07 am »
Will it supply for the electric vehicle fleet the military is developing? *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson